Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supafreak84's Mock Draft 1.0
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Not a fan of Thompson-Robinson. Hate his throwing motion and delivery. I know he made some strides under Chip Kelly, but JMO. 
Going to be tough sledding if you don't grab a QB in the first round and I just don't think the Vikings have the balls or ammunition to do what it takes to get one 
Yeah, don't disagree with you. I think there only shot is Hendon Hooker and who knows for sure? Hooker might go top 20 in round 1....seems like a guy that is gaining momentum.
I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they were interviewing former front office guy TJ Mcreight, who said he would be "shocked" if Hooker doesn't go in the first round and he's gotten more texts from NFL folks regarding Hooker then any other player. Thinks he will be selected in the teens somewhere. Also another interesting nugget, said if he had the top overall pick in the draft he'd take Will Levis. Hugely concerned with Bryce Young's slight frame 
Levis is the guy I would target if he makes it past 10. 
I dont see that happening unfortunately. Something tells me this is their guy too. Especially with the KOC connection with that particular college staff.  My concern is he ends up with the Lions. 

Really cool video of DTR prepping for the Combine and his performance. I like the kid 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Not a fan of Thompson-Robinson. Hate his throwing motion and delivery. I know he made some strides under Chip Kelly, but JMO. 
Going to be tough sledding if you don't grab a QB in the first round and I just don't think the Vikings have the balls or ammunition to do what it takes to get one 
If I'm waiting that long I'm either waiting until '24 when we'll likely be in a better position and the crop will be better, and or I'm taking a flyer on a guy like Max Duggan in the 5th or 6th. He reminds me of a Taylor Heinicke or possibly a Brock Purdy with the risk reward aspect. Then I can use that 4th rounder on a guy like C Olu Oluwatimi to push Bradbury.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yeah, don't disagree with you. I think there only shot is Hendon Hooker and who knows for sure? Hooker might go top 20 in round 1....seems like a guy that is gaining momentum.
I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they were interviewing former front office guy TJ Mcreight, who said he would be "shocked" if Hooker doesn't go in the first round and he's gotten more texts from NFL folks regarding Hooker then any other player. Thinks he will be selected in the teens somewhere. Also another interesting nugget, said if he had the top overall pick in the draft he'd take Will Levis. Hugely concerned with Bryce Young's slight frame 
I dont see that happening unfortunately. Something tells me this is their guy too. Especially with the KOC connection with that particular college staff.  My concern is he ends up with the Lions. 

If he's who they want, I'd be ok trading next years first to make it happen.  I'd be hard pressed to trade a ton more then that.  So if he's going 6th overall, I'm ok with that. There will be another.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

If he's who they want, I'd be ok trading next years first to make it happen.  I'd be hard pressed to trade a ton more then that.  So if he's going 6th overall, I'm ok with that. There will be another.
Levis is the prototypical post-seasonal nondescript positional fabrication, where the supposed NFL experts show their true lack of talent evaluation, but like politicians, lead everyone to believe it was someone else's faulty analysis and metrics which led them to a less than perfect conclusion, which should in fact lead them to a more significant role on the org chart.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think Hooker is getting overhyped, but I'd say the same about most of the QBs in this draft class.  Need is going to push a lot of these guys to get drafted higher than they should.

I think Bryce is probably the best QB prospect in this draft, but whichever team drafts him will need to make sure they can protect him at his size.  Stroud and Levis are the only other legit first round QBs. Hooker and Richardson should be Day 2 prospects.

I really like DTR as a Day 3 pick with upside.  Great character, has a quick release, and he can create with his legs.  I think I'd rather roll the dice on him late than reach for one of the early guys unless Levis slides into the teens.

Nice mock, Supa. I could get behind those picks.

Like everyone who's watched DTR, I'm up and down on him.  Like the mobility and he doesn't make a lot of dumb decisions, but his accuracy can go Nate Stanley on you at any time.  Which is why he'd be available in rd 4. 

If Campbell lasts until 61 a lot of GMs need to be slapped. 

IF,  as some are predicting that we see 4 QBs in the top 5, or even top 10,  then IMO you will see the rest of the QBs in the draft get over drafted significantly as well.  HH would likely then become a early to mid 20s guy, and those predicting others day 3, will likely see them off the board in day 2.  It will be a pretty crap candidate to make it to day 3 if the others are so grossly over drafted.