Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Thielen will visit the Panthers
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Makes sense its a bit of a warmer locale. Good for him, another payday and he can call it a career. My guess is Minnesota will always be his home base, but living where its warm during the winters. Why not? That's how you do it: enjoy the beautiful summers of Minnesota and get the hell out when the snow starts flying.

I believe his family already lives in FL.  The allure DL probably wore off once he saw some bright lights. 

Wow 14 Mil guaranteed .. good for him.. Didn't think he was worth that. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I guess he wants to keep playing - anywhere. This makes no sense if he was pursuing a ring b4 retirement. 
To hear Adam tell it, the Panthers are Super Bowl contenders. :-)

I think this is about one thing. I think he wanted a chance to prove that he's far from aging out. And he's now WR1 in Carolina. 

I wouldn't bet against him, but he's definitely going to miss having a QB like Cousins. 

He got himself a bag, good for him. Matt Corral and Andy Dalton, that's cool I guess. Oh and the number one pick in the draft

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I guess he wants to keep playing - anywhere. This makes no sense if he was pursuing a ring b4 retirement. 
To hear Adam tell it, the Panthers are Super Bowl contenders. :-)

I think this is about one thing. I think he wanted a chance to prove that he's far from aging out. And he's now WR1 in Carolina. 

I wouldn't bet against him, but he's definitely going to miss having a QB like Cousins. 
Yeah I think Thielen can give Carolina a lot of what DJ Moore did. At least for this upcoming season. After that he might fall off a cliff, might not. Happy for AT though. Great player for us for many years.
It'll be interesting to see how many targets he gets. Depending on the QB they draft and when they start him, AT will either be getting absolutely peppered (Trubisky/Allen Robinson) or absolutely ghosted (Fields/Mooney). I wonder if Adam has an inkling of who Carolina will be taking.