Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Thielen will visit the Panthers

Cut last week after spending his entire career in Minnesota, receiver Adam Thielen is looking for a new team. His search begins in Carolina.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Thielen is expected to visit the Panthers on Wednesday.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/adam-thielen-will-visit-the-panthers/

He's got a lot of gas left in the tank.  Not $19mm worth, but easily $5-7mm worth.

Huh? Don't understand. If AT still got it why the Panthers? Why aren't teams throwing $$ at him? My guess Adam will sign a 2 year deal somewhere. Not much guaranteed. Incentive heavy. He plays 1 more year and retires.

If the plan was to go to a team where he could still be featured maybe Carolina makes some sense, but to what end? Still not going to make #1 or 2 money and will have some unknown commodity throwing the ball. At least go to a team with a chance of getting a ring on the cheap. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
He's got a lot of gas left in the tank.  Not $19mm worth, but easily $5-7mm worth.
He's got gas, but I wouldn't say a lot. He'll be 33 in August. It'll be weird to see him in an different uniform for sure, but such is the NFL. Market might not be as robust as Adam thought.....hard to say yet.

Lol. That makes no sense 

Theilen still has some speed, but what he's has lost is some of his agility to create separation for the DBs.  Probably the biggest reason his catches have dropped.

I hope he ends up in KC, then he can get a ring.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Theilen still has some speed, but what he's has lost is some of his agility to create separation for the DBs.  Probably the biggest reason his catches have dropped.
The biggest reason his catches have dropped is he plays on a team with a guy who averages 158 targets a year. As for his inability to create separation, that seems to get repeated constantly however isn't based in reality. It's simple a product of people looking at his numbers convincing themselves that the ole eye test says he cant separate. AT's average yards of separation from defender when the ball arrives since the stat started being publicly available. 

2022: 1.77
2021: 1.36
2020: 1.63
2019: 1.53
2018: 1.45
2017: 1.47

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Montana Tom said:
He's got gas, but I wouldn't say a lot. He'll be 33 in August. It'll be weird to see him in an different uniform for sure, but such is the NFL. Market might not be as robust as Adam thought.....hard to say yet.
Given his strengths were his tenacity, his attention to detail, route running, I wonder how quickly he falls off?  Can he maintain that 100% on every snap, can his body hold up to the wear and tear of those moves at the top of the route?

Loved Adam, but I just don't fathom wearing out your body so you can't enjoy the rest of your life.