Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes new blocking TE
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@1VikesFan said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
LOL our first move of free agency and utilizing some of the cap money we've saved via painful roster cuts is.....$21 million for a blocking TE!? Somebody wake me when Adolfo-Mensah makes a move where he actually looks like he knows what he's doing because it will be a first...
This could have been the easiest to get done, not necessarily their top prio. Like others have posted, its probably cap neutral and means Ham is out of the soup. 

When our defense is as bad as it's been and we have holes on offense (most notably at WR and Center) this is just bad optics. Backup blocking TE's are not a priority in any fashion and for our first move of free agency to be giving this no name dude 21 million on a 3 year deal is ridiculous. Just add it to the collection of bad or questionable decisions by our new GM
Doubt Kwesi and KOC are concerned with optics. Probably trying to build the team to their vision not the fans. 
If their vision is loading up the TE room while our defense gives up 35 points a game and Jefferson is double teamed every play...they are right on course. 
Gotcha, I know you don't like this move.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@purplefaithful saidAngry"1VikesFan" said:
Thats an interesting take...Just as I was finally getting used to 11 personnel too.

12 personnel just sounds like a penalty waiting to be called.
Oh my, dont remind me... :'(

[Image: afcfea56-a065-5569-b834-57bdbe4bc503.image.jpg]

Wah!  the Vikings are over the cap and cannot sign any FAs!

Wah!  the Vikings never sign anybody in FA!!!

Wah!  I don't like that guy... I want MY mancrush!

Wah!!!!!!

It is hard to figure out the mind of Kwesi.  He is consistently proving to us he is the smartest man in the room.  I am with Supa.  The money needs to be spend on defense, a center, a receiver to replace Thielen, and more defense.

I am sure there will be other under the radar moves that he will bloviate about telling us how they meet the "talent threshold" or something along those lines.

I mean, I thought Mundt was his guy?  I guess it is OK if you ignore the fact that the tight end class in this draft is super deep.

The hard part though is the 3 yr 21M.  Why so much?  Baffling.

Tin foil hat time and feel free to tell me I've lost it, ease up, and pass it along.

Is there a chance that the talks with Hockenson (we have to assume this GM is doing his job and already spoke with Hock's agent about an extension) did not go as well as Kwesi hoped?  Is Hock asking for too much?

I know there is a lot of time left so I'll see.

I don't get this 

O’Connell identified improving the running game as an offseason priority on offense, I’d say this acquisition is in line w/ that thinking.

So instead of keeping Kendricks or Theilen we would rather have a blocking TE  :#

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
It is hard to figure out the mind of Kwesi.  He is consistently proving to us he is the smartest man in the room.  I am with Supa.  The money needs to be spend on defense, a center, a receiver to replace Thielen, and more defense.

I am sure there will be other under the radar moves that he will bloviate about telling us how they meet the "talent threshold" or something along those lines.

I mean, I thought Mundt was his guy?  I guess it is OK if you ignore the fact that the tight end class in this draft is super deep.

The hard part though is the 3 yr 21M.  Why so much?  Baffling.

Tin foil hat time and feel free to tell me I've lost it, ease up, and pass it along.

Is there a chance that the talks with Hockenson (we have to assume this GM is doing his job and already spoke with Hock's agent about an extension) did not go as well as Kwesi hoped?  Is Hock asking for too much?

I know there is a lot of time left so I'll see.
That's a great point about Mundt, who's fortay is blocking and his ability in that department was highlighted in numerous games last season. Probably could have just re-signed Johnny for half of what they paid this new guy. Just ridiculous money allocation, and yes, nevermind that this is the deepest TE draft class in over a decade. Like I said, file this away as just the latest wtf move by our new front office. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
O’Connell identified improving the running game as an offseason priority on offense, I’d say this acquisition is in line w/ that thinking.
Yeah, hopefully he remembers to call those plays on his sheet next year.  But I do like the move.

Which of our 4 picks did you want to use on a TE…? (sorry 5  Wink