• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes new blocking TE

[Image: xqogcqt27d55.gif]

That TE room is gold Jerry, gold!!

[Image: 5a8f355c91e16.image.jpg?resize=400%2C300]

I thought we became a passing team  this is a joke right

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
He might be a hell of a pass blocker too? 

LOL our first move of free agency and utilizing some of the cap money we've saved via painful roster cuts is.....$21 million for a blocking TE!? Somebody wake me when Adolfo-Mensah makes a move where he actually looks like he knows what he's doing because it will be a first...

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
LOL our first move of free agency and utilizing some of the cap money we've saved via painful roster cuts is.....$21 million for a blocking TE!? Somebody wake me when Adolfo-Mensah makes a move where he actually looks like he knows what he's doing because it will be a first...
This could have been the easiest to get done, not necessarily their top prio. Like others have posted, its probably cap neutral and means Ham is out of the soup. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:
He might be a hell of a pass blocker too? 
He’s got some size at 6’5” 249 lbs w/ 33 1/2” arms & 10 3/4” hands…

Ranking the 15 best tight ends from the 2022 NFL regular season
8. JOSH OLIVERBALTIMORE RAVENS
  • Overall Grade: 72.3
  • Snap Count: 561
Of every player on this list, Oliver ran the fewest routes this past season by far. The Ravens tight end finished with just 176 routes — well behind Austin Hooper, who ran the second-fewest routes among these 15 players, with 338. Oliver was targeted just 25 times, recording 16 catches for two touchdowns and seven first downs. However, his contributions as a receiver aren't what boost him to No. 8.
Oliver was PFF's highest-graded run-blocking tight end in 2022. His 74.0 run-blocking mark made him one of just two tight ends to surpass 70.0, and just 11 NFL tight ends exceeded a 60.0 run-blocking grade on at least 300 run-blocking snaps. Oliver’s 15.3% positive run-block rate paced the rest of the position by a landslide, with George Kittle’s 10.9% ranking second. 

note: Hockenson checks in at #6 on this list

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-tight-end-rankings

27th in the league in rushing...maybe another hat to put on someone...