Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
I think that’s where I’m at. Hell I had a heart artack a yaer ago, A 3 year or 5 year rebuild might do me in.
But seriously, I dont want to sit through a few years of crap to hopefully/maybe get back to where they are right now.
Nothing is guaranteed, but I thought last season was extremely fun. I’ll take that over doing a complete rebuild.

I’d like them to sign Cousins for 5 years, shore up the defense and win a lot more games than they lose, and hopwfully a super bowl gets thrown in there along the way.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
It's amazing how the older you get the way the draft changes in your mind. After 49 years of of being a Vikings fan I felt that this pick was great. Addison will contribute greatly this season, Levis or Hooker would not, and the 2023 season may be the final season I get to watch. Rebuild is not part of any discussion in my mind, if we draft a QB then I want him to start. Like it was stated; Our defense can't get any worse so our 2023 defense will be better than last year even if we don't draft one defensive player. Jordan Addison was the best pick we could have made. KAM is starting to redeem himself.
Care to expand on the bolded section FLV, why's that?

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
I think that’s where I’m at. Hell I had a heart artack a yaer ago, A 3 year or 5 year rebuild might do me in.
But seriously, I dont want to sit through a few years of crap to hopefully/maybe get back to where they are right now.
Nothing is guaranteed, but I thought last season was extremely fun. I’ll take that over doing a complete rebuild.

I’d like them to sign Cousins for 5 years, shore up the defense and win a lot more games than they lose, and hopwfully a super bowl gets thrown in there along the way.
Agree. On one hand I'm happy they didn't take a QB. I still think our most likely route to a championship is with Cousins, even with a big contract. But if they didn't sell the farm for a QB, which I was open to, you would hope it was because they wanted trade down and fix the defense. They didn't do that either. 

As hard as I am on Kwesi and this front office, I'm ok with this pick. I've been lobbying for another high end receiver since last season as I recognized Thielen's age, dwindling production, and that he simply just wasn't a guy anymore that was going to take pressure and double teams off Jefferson. I think the Giants doubling and eliminating Jefferson in the playoffs was a huge tip in the way this pick was likely going to go. Hyatt would have been my pick, but a lot of people had Addison as the top receiver on their boards. I think my problem with him is he just isn't great in any particular category. Average to below average size. Speed doesn't stand out on tape and he didn't dominate last season at SC as expected transferring over from Pitt. Needs to get stronger as he is rail thin. With that said I think he certainly has a chance to be a good pro player and should be an upgrade in explosiveness from Thielen. Comp for me would be Nelson Agholor. 

I just think at the end of the day we had a ton of needs and it would have been very difficult to take a QB, sit him, and not get some type of immediate return on a roster that sorely needed it. Addison will contribute immediately 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"FLVike" said:
It's amazing how the older you get the way the draft changes in your mind. After 49 years of of being a Vikings fan I felt that this pick was great. Addison will contribute greatly this season, Levis or Hooker would not, and the 2023 season may be the final season I get to watch. Rebuild is not part of any discussion in my mind, if we draft a QB then I want him to start. Like it was stated; Our defense can't get any worse so our 2023 defense will be better than last year even if we don't draft one defensive player. Jordan Addison was the best pick we could have made. KAM is starting to redeem himself.

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and getting up in age many things can happen that just are not expected. The 2023 season starts in September, how many can absolutely know that they will be able to watch it? So, how can anyone expect to watch the 2024 season or beyond? Oh, and I'm not even saying win a Superbowl before I die. Many years ago my goal changed from that to just getting there.
Also, just to add my high blood pressure issue. Well, I guess I have the Vikings to thank for that.

Maybe it's letdown from conditioning and hyperbole for some. We are so used to the trading down mentality that it was expected. I didn't really expect them to trade up, way too costly and they couldn't afford it. There is a lack of drama in the way the board fell, it was like oh shit the choices are unbelievable. I was thinking don't take Levis or Hooker here. Also the fact that both were still there and other teams need qbs didn't take them says something. I'm good with the pick. If they could have traded down, they probably would have. Afterwards it was kind of like ok that just happened. Maybe they take a shot later, who knows?

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"FLVike" said:

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and getting up in age many things can happen that just are not expected. The 2023 season starts in September, how many can absolutely know that they will be able to watch it? So, how can anyone expect to watch the 2024 season or beyond? Oh, and I'm not even saying win a Superbowl before I die. Many years ago my goal changed from that to just getting there.
Also, just to add my high blood pressure issue. Well, I guess I have the Vikings to thank for that.

You just need to install one of these
[Image: 71EP-5kgUKL.jpg]