Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB on Netflix
Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
Use the fast-forward peeps - I watched all of KC, watched MOST of PM, watched very little of MM. I had to FF through Mahommes wife - shes like fingernails on the chalkboard.

I enjoyed it. Our QB is a good dude, family man, thoughtful, industrious, you can see just how hard he works at his craft.  We are lucky to have him.Tough as nails.
Im thru episode six, and I ( & wife) have exactly same take.  
 Mahomes is of course very talented, but gawd what annoying people. 

I remember at the end of one of the games last year, one of the Vikes O-lineman (McNeill, iirc?) calling Cousins 
"his warrior QB", or similar.  Surprised me at the time, but now I know why he said it. 
Sometimes I wonder if we're lucky to have Cousins, but yeah he sure seems to be a good dude.  I particularly liked him explaining the NFC loss to the Giants with his wife after the game.  He is honest with himself.  
Ive said it for years coaching, and validated when i heard cousins say it. essentially you only have so many plays on offense, and one or two bad ones can lose the game, just like one or two good ones can win it. The margin for error - as a professional is SO SMALL.

The series shows his planning, preparation, pre-snap routine, discipline - and TOUGHNESS - he doesnt put blame on anyone but himself - on the Goal line QB sneak that came up short, it would be so easy to put that on OL getting no push....nope, he came back to the sidelines and took responsibility for not getting in.  the fumbled exchange - he took responsibility for it.

Finished, so a couple things. Mahomes gets old listening to. They could have cut a 8 episode series into 4-6. 

Kirk comes of as by far and away the most genuine. I do think he has the chance to get us a Super Bowl. I hope he gets resigned. The 4th and whatever throw short of the sticks to end tge season?  It didn’t look to me like he had a choice. He was about to hit the ground. 

I certainly hope that the interior line figures itself out. We’re good enough to win. We just need a D that doesn’t flat out suck and a QB who isnt getting hit in the ribs constantly. 

I’ve been a Kirk fan since they signed him. This series has just made me more of a fan. 
A few take aways.
I think he gets in his own head. I think he’s hard on himself. I think the relationship between he and KOC is good, but seems weird at times. I think he’s tough as hell. I think he was pissed at the O line a lot because he was getting hit so much. 

Two things I would love to see!

The Vikings to win a Super Bowl

Kirk Cousins retire as a Viking

It would be nice to see a Super Bowl happen while Kirk is playing. I’m not getting any younger. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Finished, so a couple things. Mahomes gets old listening to. They could have cut a 8 episode series into 4-6. 

Kirk comes of as by far and away the most genuine. I do think he has the chance to get us a Super Bowl. I hope he gets resigned. The 4th and whatever throw short of the sticks to end tge season?  It didn’t look to me like he had a choice. He was about to hit the ground. 

I certainly hope that the interior line figures itself out. We’re good enough to win. We just need a D that doesn’t flat out suck and a QB who isnt getting hit in the ribs constantly. 
Depends on how he plays in '23. But given that he's at the age when most QBs have their best years (34-36), and given that he's returning to the same offense for the 1st time since 2016, and given that his offensive line, though far from stellar, should be the best OL he's had since coming to Minnesota, I think he could be even better this year. And if that happens, an extension is the probably the most likely outcome.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Depends on how he plays in '23. But given that he's at the age when most QBs have their best years (34-36), and given that he's returning to the same offense for the 1st time since 2016, and given that his offensive line, though far from stellar, should be the best OL he's had since coming to Minnesota, I think he could be even better this year. And if that happens, an extension is the probably the most likely outcome.
No doubt this season is going to cement the direction this team takes @ QB. 

Regardless of how he does, I still want to see the Vikings add a high ceiling QB to the roster next year. 

I haven't watched it all, but so far Cousins has the most interesting segments. I know I'm biased, but that seems to be the consensus among even non-Viking fans who've seen it. 

The Colts game was a blast. Reminded me how clutch KJO can be. 

A stat:
Justin Jefferson: 184 targets, 5 drops
Jamar Chase: 134 targets, 8 dropsDavante Adams: 180 targets, 5 dropsStefon Diggs: 154 targets, 7 drops Tyreek Hill: 170 targets, 8 drops
KJ Osborne in 2022: 105 targets, 0 drops. 

I am watching it with my son and he is absolutely hilarious and such a nerd but he is our nerd. It is cool to see more about the mental and physical aspects of the game as far as study and recovery. The meeting with the psychologist was interesting too. Interesting to see Cousins game and confidence evolve. He overthinks things but he has stability and support now. 

The part about Mahomes being in the friend zone forever and maybe she likes him now was so cringeworthy. Mariota seems like a genuinely good dude and has a good family. Watching the game highlights brings back good memories. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
This was hilarious from the trailer 
https://twitter.com/DanaWessel/status/15...7302697986
That whole segment on the shirt was funny as hell. "Kirk Cousins looks like he wants everyone to go ahead and use the bathroom now because he doesn't want to stop when we get on the road."
well thats just good sound road trip common sense isnt it?  hardly something to be mocking him about IMO.  

B) 
It's funny only because I've said it myself a hundred times. 
I drive 40-50k miles a year, so yep,  when the wife and kids are/were with me... its use it now,  cuz I aint stopping until we need gas ( my truck has about a 36 gallon tanks so thats about 12 hours of driving.)  of course we still end up stopping, but its not usually as often as some would like.
My dad was typical in the 70's, where we had the big station wagons and gas stops were basically long enough to use bathrooms and maybe get a convenience store hot dog/Slurpee.  I'm basically the same way, you just plan for hours locked in the vehicle.  Get your supplies, use the bathroom at every stop.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
That whole segment on the shirt was funny as hell. "Kirk Cousins looks like he wants everyone to go ahead and use the bathroom now because he doesn't want to stop when we get on the road."
well thats just good sound road trip common sense isnt it?  hardly something to be mocking him about IMO.  

B) 
I drive 40-50k miles a year, so yep,  when the wife and kids are/were with me... its use it now,  cuz I aint stopping until we need gas ( my truck has about a 36 gallon tanks so thats about 12 hours of driving.)  of course we still end up stopping, but its not usually as often as some would like.
My dad was typical in the 70's, where we had the big station wagons and gas stops were basically long enough to use bathrooms and maybe get a convenience store hot dog/Slurpee.  I'm basically the same way, you just plan for hours locked in the vehicle.  Get your supplies, use the bathroom at every stop.
I grew up in that era too...

Now we have computers that map out the journey, tell you route, where to stop/plug-in/charge-up and go...

Lots has changed in 50 years. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:

B) 
I grew up in that era too...

Now we have computers that map out the journey, tell you route, where to stop/plug-in/charge-up and go...

Lots has changed in 50 years. 

maybe for some.... B)

I am still more about getting somewhere and being done driving for a while.  Maybe its because of all the driving I do for my job that when I am on vacation or whatever I just want to be there and not feel like a day of sales calls?