Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury Status
Quote: @TBro said:
Trust the plan. KOC has been keeping Bradbury on the shelf so he can unleash him for the playoff run. 
He's our secret weapon that the East Coast Bias Sports Media continues to ignore. 
[Image: Dwight-The-Office-Sh-gif.gif]

In my opinion Bradbury is a significant jump in talent. Until his injury he was grading at around 10th best center in the league with solid scores in both pass block and run block. His run block has pretty much always been good, but his pass block is significantly better than last year. He had only 2 penalties in a little over 800 snaps this year which is good as well. He has given up 2 sacks. . 
It’s big getting him back. I think he does more for our run game than many realize. KOC said he’d have Bradbury much improved just based on scheme and he has proven it to this point. Sometimes a guy just needs a coach who knows what he’s doing with his center. 
I’m very happy to hear he is back. Now I just hope they’ve worked any rust off in practice. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
In my opinion Bradbury is a significant jump in talent. Until his injury he was grading at around 10th best center in the league with solid scores in both pass block and run block. His run block has pretty much always been good, but his pass block is significantly better than last year. He had only 2 penalties in a little over 800 snaps this year which is good as well. He has given up 2 sacks. . 
It’s big getting him back. I think he does more for our run game than many realize. KOC said he’d have Bradbury much improved just based on scheme and he has proven it to this point. Sometimes a guy just needs a coach who knows what he’s doing with his center. 
I’m very happy to hear he is back. Now I just hope they’ve worked any rust off in practice. 
Yes, and given the way december played out, hopefully he was healthy and ready to return last week or earlier, but they let him get healthy and knocked the rust off.

He was abysmal yesterday and I don't think it had anything to do with the injury. He's just an undersized center who lacks the functional strength to hold up against bigger players. Got absolutely dominated all game long by Dexter Lawrence yesterday. He was a little better this year overall, but I wouldn't give him much in the way of a new contract.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
He was abysmal yesterday and I don't think it had anything to do with the injury. He's just an undersized center who lacks the functional strength to hold up against bigger players. Got absolutely dominated all game long by Dexter Lawrence yesterday. He was a little better this year overall, but I wouldn't give him much in the way of a new contract.
ive had it with these "athletic" IOL,  we need some big nasty IOL that can move the LOS in our favor once in a while,  never mind all they zone blocking BS,  is it impossible for big nastly OL to zone block when the situation calls for it, because its does seem impossible for these smaller athletic OL to drop and anchor and stonewall a big DT these days or to impose his will on them in the run game without some help from the side.

It will be interesting to see Dexter Lawrence against Jason Kelce. . . . Also, I don't think Bradbury is under-sized for a C. But he definitely cannot hold up against the bigger DTs.

Quote: @dadevike said:
It will be interesting to see Dexter Lawrence against Jason Kelce. . . . Also, I don't think Bradbury is under-sized for a C. But he definitely cannot hold up against the bigger DTs.
Kelce is awesome, even after all the years of wear/tear. That entire Philly OL is a big reason they are #1 seed. 

Those two are used to playing each other twice a year - should be a fun one to watch. Go Gmen! 

Quote: @dadevike said:

He’s actually listed as the same height as Kelce at 6’3” & as 30lbs heavier… 

Center Garrett Bradbury heads to free agency with hopes of staying with Vikings

Center Garrett Bradbury emerged from the Vikings' 31-24 NFC wild-card playoff loss to the Giants — his first game in six weeks because of a lower back injury — feeling well physically.
That's good news for the 27-year-old Bradbury, whose representatives will be negotiating a new contract this offseason for the pending free agent.
"The good thing, from what I'm hearing, is nothing further in the future," Bradbury said Monday. "It shouldn't hinder anything. It's good to go, I feel good other than typical soreness. Definitely answered prayers."
Bradbury, the team's 2019 first-round pick, is headed for free agency for the first time. He feels a roller coaster of four Vikings seasons is currently at a high point, and he made clear he wants to stay in Minnesota.
"I'll have some good conversations here with the team moving forward, let them know that I love it here, I love being here," Bradbury said. "I'd like to stay here. But it's a business and have to approach it as such. Have to figure out where the next steps are, but it's definitely weird."
As players cleaned out their lockers Monday to depart for vacation destinations, Bradbury said it's "the worst day of the year" because this exact 53-man roster will never be together again. Bradbury, whose on-field performance improved through 13 starts this season, credited first-year coach Kevin O'Connell for creating an environment to which he'd like to return.
"It's been an awesome year," Bradbury said. "I told KO, this is the most fun year I've had. Coming to work every day, obviously winning is fun and that takes care of a lot of it, but just the day-to-day life here, it's awesome here right now. They got a good thing building here."
"I think everyone this year could kind of be themselves," Bradbury added. "It's something you want to be a part of, for sure."
Bradbury is one of 15 players headed for unrestricted free agency this spring, a group that includes running back Alexander Mattison and cornerbacks Patrick Peterson and Chandon Sullivan
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-notebook-garrett-bradbury-free-agents-christian-darrisaw-camryn-bynum/600243933/