Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury Status
Good news. Bradbury was a Full Participant in practice on Thursday. Encouraging for Sunday's game. 

I am happy that he is recovering and appears ready to go, but he has missed about the last 1/3 of the season,  are we better off rolling with a guy that has been working out, practicing and playing for the last month and a half,  or putting a guy in that has been rehabbing a very painful injury that has likely limited him in about every aspect of the game except mental?

I think if he looked good in full pads yesterday, he's a go. The tea leaves seem to be saying they are sticking with Udoh most likely at RT even with Brandel back. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am happy that he is recovering and appears ready to go, but he has missed about the last 1/3 of the season,  are we better off rolling with a guy that has been working out, practicing and playing for the last month and a half,  or putting a guy in that has been rehabbing a very painful injury that has likely limited him in about every aspect of the game except mental?
I don't think the Vikings are that stupid. If Bradbury is still limited by a very painful injury, or he's not fully conditioned because of it, he will not play. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I don't think the Vikings are that stupid. If Bradbury is still limited by a very painful injury, or he's not fully conditioned because of it, he will not play. 
Not what I said,  I am saying he may be full go play wise,   but his game has been on the shelf for 5 weeks,  will his experience be enough to overcome any lack of reps, conditioning,  and strength he's likely lost by taking off the time to recover,  or would the team be better off rolling with the guys thats been playing and working out all along?

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Not what I said,  I am saying he may be full go play wise,   but his game has been on the shelf for 5 weeks,  will his experience be enough to overcome any lack of reps, conditioning,  and strength he's likely lost by taking off the time to recover,  or would the team be better off rolling with the guys thats been playing and working out all along?
Do you think this about every player returning from injury? Just curious, because I would think you would want your best players out there in the playoffs, provided they are healthy and fully conditioned. Because, like I said, if he's not either of those, he won't play. 

Is it possible he re-tweaks the back? Or that he's a little rusty? Of course, but isn't that the case with every player returning from injury? And if that happens isn't it possible to pull him and put in Reed, grateful that he's gotten some reps the last few weeks? 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Ultimately you need to trust the coaches. I think this was the plan all along and fortunately our lead in the Division allowed us to be really cautious with him during his rehab. Plenty of players who come off an extended absence due to injury can jump back in and perform at a high level. I'm sure he is going to be super motivated to play on Sunday with lots of extra energy from sitting this long. The good thing is we have options with Reed if he has a relapse. Assuming he's healthy, he gives our Run Game the best chance to be successful and we will need to run the ball against the Giants to take some of the pressure off of Cousins and their Blitz Scheme.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Do you think this about every player returning from injury? Just curious, because I would think you would want your best players out there in the playoffs, provided they are healthy and fully conditioned. Because, like I said, if he's not either of those, he won't play. 

Is it possible he re-tweaks the back? Or that he's a little rusty? Of course, but isn't that the case with every player returning from injury? And if that happens isn't it possible to pull him and put in Reed, grateful that he's gotten some reps the last few weeks? 
Yes,  especially ones that are marginal players on their best days.  Bradbury has never really stood out as a guy that we must have to be successful to me.  On his best days he good enough,  but isn't a road grader or a stout pass protector,  he is serviceable but thats it IMO.

I know you are really high on GB,  and his play has improved this year,  but I am not convinced his play will be worth whatever he demands in FA, or that he was good enough to take this much time off and come back hitting on all cylinders.  If there's things the O can't do with Reed that Bradbury would bring back, then sure run him out there,  but from what they were trying last week I didn't see much liability from the C position. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Yes,  especially ones that are marginal players on their best days.  Bradbury has never really stood out as a guy that we must have to be successful to me.  On his best days he good enough,  but isn't a road grader or a stout pass protector,  he is serviceable but thats it IMO.
I thought that might be it. Just takes you a while to get there. :-)

GB practicing yesterday was a good sign - but the Vikings are waiting to see how he feels this morning and tomorrow before deciding if he's ready to go on Sunday (according to Doogie)