Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Claypool
He is bigger than Irv Smith, if we got him, I wonder if he would take some of those reps and keep Thielen and Osborne on the field as well.  

I am also so really surprised at all the WR talk, when DL is our by far our biggest area of need.  TE is as well, so this would make more sense if they see him able to play that role.

Having an inexperienced GM really hurt us in the draft, this class definitely did not move the needle.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
He is bigger than Irv Smith, if we got him, I wonder if he would take some of those reps and keep Thielen and Osborne on the field as well.  

I am also so really surprised at all the WR talk, when DL is our by far our biggest area of need.  TE is as well, so this would make more sense if they see him able to play that role.

Having an inexperienced GM really hurt us in the draft, this class definitely did not move the needle.
in fairness he could have taken DL and WR in the first 2 picks and they could have been hampered by injury or other, cant really fault KAM for injuries,  and as much as I thought trading down for what he got in return was a bad deal,  taking S this year wasnt dumb with Harry at the end of his career considering how much we rely on him.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Thielen and Osborn aren't getting the separation. Need to go younger but what can the Vikings trade and also lack of cap space. 
If separation is the concern not many "proven" guys stand out as noticeably  better. At least not better enough that giving up assets is cost effective.Thielen averages 1.4 yards of separation, Osborne 1.5. Neither of which is terrible for 2nd/3rd options. Especially when you have a Jefferson as the clear focus.

Here are what the most talked about available guys average; Claypool 1.43, Cooks 1.68, Jeudy 1.28, DJ Moore 1.48, Elijah Moore 1.90, Golladay 1.0, Callaway 1.09, Green 1.23, Hamler 1.64, Bourne 2.79 (on 11 catches). Side not OBJ averaged 1.63 in 2021.
Nd 
JMO, the issue is targets. Jefferson is averaging nearly 11 a game. Meanwhile Thielen 7.2, Osborne 4.3. Get those two more attempts and I think you see increased production. If we make a trade and the new guy isn't targeted any more than the current guys what's the point?

With the issues on defense I hate the idea of giving up capital on WR when there are several more obvious needs and no needle mover that's a realistic get at WR

Great post. I’m wondering if you know what the target separation is for man coverage? It seems like defenses are running a lot of man against Thielen and Osborn. It may just be me, but it seems that way. I’m curious if that shows any anomalies. Thielen seems pretty well covered in man this year, unlike earlier years where he was very difficult to man up.
It doesn't show man vs zone. For what it's worth here is "average cushion" which is the average  cushion defenders give a WR on a route ran; Thielen 4.21, Jefferson 4.01, Osborne 4.87.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Kinda of followed Claypool the last couple of years and he has a lot of talent, but always seems to make some bonehead play that snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory. Taunting/personal foul, dropped balls, blown routes and it just appears to me to be at the worst possible times.  Now if you were talking about Les Claypool, I would be all in.

I've seen Les perform live 3 times this year. He is the greatest bass player on the planet 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Kinda of followed Claypool the last couple of years and he has a lot of talent, but always seems to make some bonehead play that snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory. Taunting/personal foul, dropped balls, blown routes and it just appears to me to be at the worst possible times.  Now if you were talking about Les Claypool, I would be all in.

I've seen Les perform live 3 times this year. He is the greatest bass player on the planet 

I go between Les and Flea, its always been a toss up for me.  Watching Les sing and play at the same time just blows me away.

Quote: @"JR44" said:

Despite our record, our draft thusfar has been a bust. If it wasn't for Ingram playing mediocre football at guard it would be a complete bust. Seattle is getting huge dividends from their draft class and it's the biggest reason they've played as well as they have. I think we've been lucky in avoiding injuries and playing teams that have suffered key injuries. The name of the game is winning and we've done that, but Im still not sure how good of a team we actually are. I think the front office sees that as well and that's why they've been busy trying to work trades. If we would have drafted better there wouldn't be the need to do so. 

That is correct. He is big and fast and stupid

@"supafreak84" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
https://youtu.be/w_8NtbKsYuA

I go between Les and Flea, its always been a toss up for me.  Watching Les sing and play at the same time just blows me away.
It is pretty bad ass. I went to a Q&A with him before a Primus show this year and he was asked about playing and singing at the same time and how he does it. In typical Les fashion he goes "I just zone out and practice a shit ton." Lol

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JR44" said:

Despite our record, our draft thusfar has been a bust. If it wasn't for Ingram playing mediocre football at guard it would be a complete bust. Seattle is getting huge dividends from their draft class and it's the biggest reason they've played as well as they have. I think we've been lucky in avoiding injuries and playing teams that have suffered key injuries. The name of the game is winning and we've done that, but Im still not sure how good of a team we actually are. I think the front office sees that as well and that's why they've been busy trying to work trades. If we would have drafted better there wouldn't be the need to do so. 
Darrisaw has been awesome but otherwise we’re not getting much production from the 2021 class either. Pat Jones has been okay I guess.

2020 on the other hand was kind of a smash. JJ, Ezra, Dantzler, Wonnum, KJ… this despite drafting Gladney in the first. Hopefully the 2021 and 2022 groups just need more time to marinade. 

Rumor is the Steelers are asking for a 2nd rounder.

[Image: giphy.gif]