Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: OBJ in Minnesota for 'a visit'
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Why would we want OBJ.  Dude is a cancer. He’s coming off a ACL tear. Im sure he wants decent money that we dont have. We already have Reagor if we want to run some more deep routes. 

Unless the plan is to run the score up to cover our D like Kansas City does then lets just go with what we have. 
Yea, don't want OBJ I also think he is a cancer.

Geisiki is interesting he is a nice endzone threat in the Rudolph mold/height and radius, but I have no idea blocking.  I would look if we could get a decent deal.  That all said, why is he on the rumor market?

I would be looking for defensive help before looking at WR.  

On a side note:  The rumor that we are even looking at OBJ makes me wonder how far Theilan's drop off has been this season?  I have seen a very slow decline the last couple years but maybe I am blinded because I like him so much.  Have others seen a big decline that we need another WR??  Or is it that Osborne hasn't progressed??

Quote: @"minny65" said:
On a side note:  The rumor that we are even looking at OBJ makes me wonder how far Theilan's drop off has been this season?  I have seen a very slow decline the last couple years but maybe I am blinded because I like him so much.  Have others seen a big decline that we need another WR??  Or is it that Osborne hasn't progressed??
I expected more from both and it just hasn't really been there this season, for whatever reason. Both have made some plays and I don't notice a huge decline either, but targets are earned and apparently these two--and Irv-- aren't really earning them. Like I said earlier in this thread I'm not sure if that's on Kirk or the gang. Hopefully the coaches and FO know the culprit because Dalvin isn't getting younger and our entire offense for the next couple years can't be solely the JJ show, even with as good as he is.
I do agree with @Skodin. Wish we had just drafted Jameson Williams. Me and many others said this before the Cine injury. That was an odd trade and pick. Kwesi did hire KO though which is looking like a home run so I can't be too hard on him.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"minny65" said:
I expected more from both and it just hasn't really been there this season, for whatever reason. Both have made some plays and I don't notice a huge decline either, but targets are earned and apparently these two--and Irv-- aren't really earning them. Like I said earlier in this thread I'm not sure if that's on Kirk or the gang. Hopefully the coaches and FO know the culprit because Dalvin isn't getting younger and our entire offense for the next couple years can't be solely the JJ show, even with as good as he is.
I do agree with @Skodin. Wish we had just drafted Jameson Williams. Me and many others said this before the Cine injury. That was an odd trade and pick. Kwesi did hire KO though which is looking like a home run so I can't be too hard on him.
Did not think that trade down was a good value for us at all.  Kwesi's first draft looks just OK right now but getting good value from Ingram. 

For the record I was not for drafting Jameson Williams.  I would have taken CB - McDuffie or S - Hamilton in that order.  McDuffie looked good but has been injured and Hamilton I have no idea.  

Basically, I was not looking for WR help until after the 1st.  

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JR44" said:
Don't see how either one fits, Gesicki is not a true TE, he is more of a slot WR which is why he does not fit in with Miami.  OBJ is going to want to be the #2, don't see him being more effective than Thielen.
It depends on OBJ’s health. He looked really good last year with LAR. I love Thielen but he has not been a difference maker this season. That might be on Kirk though, I’m not sure. 

I don’t think WR or TE are “needs”. 
I think the issues with the passing game are more on Kirk not completely knowing and trusting the new system and less on AT and KJ not being open.  Quite often you see Kirk only looking at half the field and its typically where JJ is working.  He will go to those other guys,  but it often seems like that is a pre snap decision as well.  Once in a while he seems to be scanning the whole field,  but not as often as he would in the past.  I think this is making JJ easier to defend as KC is not moving the defenders as much as he could.

Somebody puts a pic on twitter of OBJ at US Bank last year and somehow that turns into him being "in town for a visit" lol.   

This team doesn't need to trade for skill players--not that it's likely to trade anyway with zero cap space.  They aren't looking to kick more cans down the road ala Rick Spielman, this year's dead cap is bad enough.   If they were going to acquire anyone I would say interior dline would be the spot.   I just don't think anything is happening regardless.   

If they bring someone in, I see Gesicki as the most impactful, even by just being on the field. Gesicki is a hybrid WR/TE. He’s the size of a TE but moves like a receiver. He consistently plays the slot and outside as much or more than at the traditional position. 
Where I see his impact being for this team is the attention he demands. I looked up how opposing defenses cover him and found that they assign a CB nearly half the time to him. For most TE’s, even if they line up in slot or outside, a Linebacker or Safety will cover them. That doesn’t seem to follow so much with Gesicki. It seems like teams treat him similar to how teams used to cover guys like Gates or Graham. 
The point is, he’s a problem for a defensive coordinator. He can cause mismatch issues in several positions. Even if you get him covered by a guy who can move with him, you may end up with a LB covering Adam Thielen. JJ is demanding your best cover corner and probably safety help…..see how this puts pressure on defensive coordinators? It’s what I had hoped Irv would bring, but it generally hasn’t materialized. At 6-6 or so, Gesicki is a giant target out there and in the red zone. 
I have no idea how the money works out, but if they have a chance to get Gesicki for a reasonable price, I’d do that in a heartbeat. 
6-5 and change at 250 and runs a 4.54. Mismatches….whisper it with me…mismatches..

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
If they bring someone in, I see Gesicki as the most impactful, even by just being on the field. Gesicki is a hybrid WR/TE. He’s the size of a TE but moves like a receiver. He consistently plays the slot and outside as much or more than at the traditional position. 
Where I see his impact being for this team is the attention he demands. I looked up how opposing defenses cover him and found that they assign a CB nearly half the time to him. For most TE’s, even if they line up in slot or outside, a Linebacker or Safety will cover them. That doesn’t seem to follow so much with Gesicki. It seems like teams treat him similar to how teams used to cover guys like Gates or Graham. 
The point is, he’s a problem for a defensive coordinator. He can cause mismatch issues in several positions. Even if you get him covered by a guy who can move with him, you may end up with a LB covering Adam Thielen. JJ is demanding your best cover corner and probably safety help…..see how this puts pressure on defensive coordinators? It’s what I had hoped Irv would bring, but it generally hasn’t materialized. At 6-6 or so, Gesicki is a giant target out there and in the red zone. 
I have no idea how the money works out, but if they have a chance to get Gesicki for a reasonable price, I’d do that in a heartbeat. 
6-5 and change at 250 and runs a 4.54. Mismatches….whisper it with me…mismatches..
I don't get why the Dophins would trade him.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Yea, I asked the same question prior.  The Dolphins are still in the thick of things so why would you want to unload your TE rec threat?  He is on a 1 year 10 million contract so maybe to get a draft pick for someone they are going to lose next year?  But that doesn't even make sense because they Dolphins drafted Gesicki and will probably get decent comp pick if he does move on next year.

We could not afford a 10 million Cap hit for Gesicki this year anyway.

The rumor is just being floated because up until the Viking game he had 15 receptions and didn't seem like a fit with Tua.  But Teddy sure utilized him vs us.  I don't see any truth to this rumor anyway - IMO.

I think we need DL/CB waaay before a TE/WR.  

Quote: @"kmillard" said
He is more of a slot WR and not a TE and is a liability as a blocker, which is why I believe they want to move him.