Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: OBJ in Minnesota for 'a visit'
Not sure if true, its the f-cking internet.....

....also heard WR Mike Gesicki as a possibility.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Isn't Gesicki a tight end?

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yep, my bad. Thanks for the correction!

Don't see how either one fits, Gesicki is not a true TE, he is more of a slot WR which is why he does not fit in with Miami.  OBJ is going to want to be the #2, don't see him being more effective than Thielen.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yep, my bad. Thanks for the correction!
The Vikes could definitely use him though

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Don't see how either one fits, Gesicki is not a true TE, he is more of a slot WR which is why he does not fit in with Miami.  OBJ is going to want to be the #2, don't see him being more effective than Thielen.
It depends on OBJ’s health. He looked really good last year with LAR. I love Thielen but he has not been a difference maker this season. That might be on Kirk though, I’m not sure. 

I don’t think WR or TE are “needs”. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JR44" said:
It depends on OBJ’s health. He looked really good last year with LAR. I love Thielen but he has not been a difference maker this season. That might be on Kirk though, I’m not sure. 

Agree that WR and TE are not really needs right now to spend what cap dollars they may have or maneuver to get.  If they do find cap dollars they would be wise to spend it on defense because if Tomlinson goes down or Z Smith goes down the backups are not anything special.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JR44" said:

No, they're certainly not. I do understand that these deadline trades are meant to provide a boost to teams who think they can take it all the way. So, impactful players. And one could argue that OBJ could be an impactful player in this offense. I have my doubts. 

But our biggest problem isn't receiving talent at WR or TE. It's getting in sync with the new offense so that we can move the ball more consistently. Adding another receiver would just add yet another player we're not able to fully utilize. 

yea, he’s in “town” to get his Chief’s or Bill’s offer maximized…  Wink B)