Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Kirk
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1569...r-_zXOQpMg&s=19
Duncan seems to pull off the oversized plaid a little better. It looks urban. Cousins looks like a 7 year old on his first day of school....in 1974. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Duncan seems to pull off the oversized plaid a little better. It looks urban. Cousins looks like a 7 year old on his first day of school....in 1974. 
Kirk wears the look well, lol. When I first saw this interview I actually laughed and said really Kirk.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.
I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

As far as the rah ran,  it's refreshing to see,  but I am also tempered in my enthusiasm for what it means,  Zim ran the team like a prison warden,  players felt oppressed,  of course they are going to be happier with a more relaxed environment,   will that mean more wins in the long run... maybe or it might mean some players get lazy or take advantage of KOCs good demeanor in other ways that are detrimental to the team.  Either way its going to be about the Xs and Os, and the task will get more difficult as we put more of our O amd D on tape,  the packers had no film to work from either side of the ball,  now there's 1 game,   and that reference point will grow each week allowing the opponents to prepare with better knowledge of who they will be facing.  Will the player excitement still be there when the games aren't as meaningful and the outcomes not a glorious?
I was curious as to who wanted to see him fail, too?  It’s okay to be enthusiastic about the first game, but let’s take a breath and win game 2 as well.   Then, build from there.  Of course the team is excited.  They feel like they’ve been released from jail, but the feeling will wear off, and we’re left with needing to win games to maintain the culture. 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Kirk wears the look well, lol. When I first saw this interview I actually laughed and said really Kirk.
There's always something to mock!  KC's play was very good Sunday so no mocking there... Ah, but yes, the shirt, we can mock that!  Bizarre, KC gets no grace on this site, there's always something to mock!  Who cares what he wears to the post game interview, his commentary is the point not his attire.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
There's always something to mock!  KC's play was very good Sunday so no mocking there... Ah, but yes, the shirt, we can mock that!  Bizarre, KC gets no grace on this site, there's always something to mock!  Who cares what he wears to the post game interview, his commentary is the point not his attire.
Lighten up a little. Just having some fun. If you look back over time I have usually been a defender of Kirk's game.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
[Image: 299x223px-ll-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpg?w=299]

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.
I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

Any I told you so post is essentially low key hoping that person would fail so you could say "I was right". Not going to name names because I dont feel like being stalked by some of these twerps. But there is a poster on this and the other highly active Vikes board who openly cheers against KAM because as he proudly states KAM was only hired because of his race. If that isnt someone cheering for KAM to fail I dont know what is. 

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You were right.

As far as the rah ran,  it's refreshing to see,  but I am also tempered in my enthusiasm for what it means,  Zim ran the team like a prison warden,  players felt oppressed,  of course they are going to be happier with a more relaxed environment,   will that mean more wins in the long run... maybe or it might mean some players get lazy or take advantage of KOCs good demeanor in other ways that are detrimental to the team.  Either way its going to be about the Xs and Os, and the task will get more difficult as we put more of our O amd D on tape,  the packers had no film to work from either side of the ball,  now there's 1 game,   and that reference point will grow each week allowing the opponents to prepare with better knowledge of who they will be facing.  Will the player excitement still be there when the games aren't as meaningful and the outcomes not a glorious?
I was curious as to who wanted to see him fail, too?  
You have a mirror, right?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The jokes about the shirt were hilarious just like the jokes about the van he drives. I guess he goes to the gas station across town because it's cheaper. Hey why not? 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
The jokes about the shirt were hilarious just like the jokes about the van he drives. I guess he goes to the gas station across town because it's cheaper. Hey why not? 
He definitely leans into his dork appeal. And I say that in a complimentary way.