Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Mond
only Mike Zimmer could say Mannion (maybe paul allen) is the better option for 2nd string after one game.
To me it is blatantly obvious for #11.

I dont think Mond had a bad game today. Still a lot to learn. But had some nice throws.

Time to quit using a rooster spot for Mannion. He’s like a statue.

I wasn't very impressed with Mond--he's got a LOT to clean up. But I was even less impressed with Mannion. Guy's been in the NFL for 7 seasons. At this point, he should not still be a 1-read QB.

It's time to give the kid the 2nd team reps until we can find a trade partner for a legit #2. 

So....what is Mond's history? The more he plays, the better he gets. That's his rep. Get his ass in there at #2 and let him improve with more reps. Mannion needs to be gone. Period. Mond is still slow to react, his processor isn't fast. That's worrisome. But he's better than Mannion.

Could be worse. Jordan Love could be our #2 QB.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So....what is Mond's history? The more he plays, the better he gets. That's his rep. Get his ass in there at #2 and let him improve with more reps. Mannion needs to be gone. Period. Mond is still slow to react, his processor isn't fast. That's worrisome. But he's better than Mannion.
Agreed. At least with Mond you have the hope of upside, of improvement. That's not going to happen with Mannion. If there was a reason to bring him to camp to help the other QBs with the offense, cool. He did his job. Good on ya, Sean. Now be on your way. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Agreed. At least with Mond you have the hope of upside, of improvement. That's not going to happen with Mannion. If there was a reason to bring him to camp to help the other QBs with the offense, cool. He did his job. Good on ya, Sean. Now be on your way. 
The Mond scramble (very nice) and then airmail ball (not that nice) that had a wide open guy in the end zone was so cringe. Sigh. 

Manion should be off the roster

I aint ready to roll with Mond @ QB2 either...He's just too raw. This is like a year 1 all over again with new staff, a very complex scheme etc.

You can see his processing is just slow. 

It's not a dig at the guy, but it is what it is right now. 

They need to do something about that QB room and pray KC stays durable. 

Mond was drafted as a developmental project. He received virtually no development last year. Hard to understand fans who want to dump him due to some shaky practices. Get him some experience and see if he improves. His stats weren't bad. He had some good plays and some not so good. Seems that is what one should expect at this point. A couple more pre season games will give us a better indication as to whether he is good enough to be QB 2. He has already beat out Mannion but we aren't just looking for someone to hold a clip board. Time will tell.

The NFL needs a developmental league tied to each team like baseball has.  Play during non-nfl times to attract fans.  Put guys like Mond in that league and let them develop.  Even if it was a 6 game season or something before preseason but after the draft?

I look at a guy like Theilen.  He had nothing but determination going for him.  Made it out of Mankato state and then worked his way up the roster into one of the better WRs in the league for a couple years.  Had fate not somehow landed just right for him we might have entirely missed him.