Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: When a pix says it all....
Jada Smith’s relationships not withstanding, it’s a pretty big dig to go at a gal about her losing her hair. Hey guys, I know you all can look good with a cue ball but women don’t ever want to have this problem, trust me! My mother has thinning hair and my sister and I are both sweating it, as for my mom it started being problematic around age 60…I think CR’s crack about this was quite a hit below the belt. 

I don’t think it was Will’s finest hour (staged or not staged) but I do think it was one of CR’s worst…

It looked real to me. He was legit pissed. People are pointing to him laughing for a second, yet I think that was reflexive until he processed what he actually said. 
Look, when someone you love has to go through a medical issue it can put strain on all loved ones. I’d imagine losing all your hair would do that. Especially considering you’re on tv and in the press at all times. On top of that, the treatment for alopecia is quite painful. So she undoubtedly has had a rough past 5+ years with it.
I look at it like this: if your wife loses all her hair going through chemo, it’s unlikely you will be fine with someone poking fun at her for her lost hair. In this case, she probably will never get it back. So the joke was in incredibly poor taste and I doubt some of you would have sat there and took it. 
What Smith did was wrong. Violence isn’t the answer. With that said, I understand his reaction.
It’s a misdemeanor for anyone wondering. A slap like that is likely along the lines of a disorderly conduct. So not a serious crime by any stretch of the imagination. Being on worldwide tv though, not good.

Meh, I think it was all a staged ad to start an Alopecia awareness campaign.

Chris "Charlie Murphy" Rock!

[Image: slap-chappelle.gif]

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
Yet, maybe AGR is right?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/28/media/osc...index.html

lol, but even this bump made it not great. 8 years ago, over $40 M people watched the Oscars. This year, with a bump, 15.3 M. Movies have changed and how people watch has significantly. People like celebrities still, but they aren't mythical, larger than life creatures like they were before social media and smart phones.
It'll be a while before the Oscars gets high ratings again. Not only has it changed the way we watch movies, but not a lot of movies are being made right now post covid. The ones that are made go straight to a streaming service it seems.

Perhaps it was a ploy, I dont think so, to keep it relevant while the industry works to come back...I just don't see why Will would agree to it? I will say that it has made Twitter absolutely fantastic today as the comments and memes are absolutely fabulous. 
CODA winning best pix and Apple TV+ Streaming it highlights how much and how quickly the industry changed.

Hell, it would take something pretty special to get me to a theatre in the future vs the comfort of my own 4k tv. 

I doubt this was staged,  to what benefit?  By the time 95% of the world knew about it the Oscar's were over and since they are only a once a year thing,  by the time they come around, again nobody will remember or care.  Unless maybe the turn it into a celebrity cage death match..... then people will tune in.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I doubt this was staged,  to what benefit?  By the time 95% of the world knew about it the Oscar's were over and since they are only a once a year thing,  by the time they come around, again nobody will remember or care.  Unless maybe the turn it into a celebrity cage death match..... then people will tune in.
How many people are talking about the oscars right now?

This isn't 1995 TV that only happened while it was broadcast.  Algore invented the internet and things get replayed and talked about.

Who cares?

I know a ton of people care and I seriously don't know why. But I have never been a Hollywood or tabloid person.  I guess I am just amazed at what gets people's attention and all things that don't.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
How many people are talking about the oscars right now?

This isn't 1995 TV that only happened while it was broadcast.  Algore invented the internet and things get replayed and talked about.
And that benefits who/how?  Smith agrees to do it why?  He's being vilified by half the people and the rest are up Rocks ass... so why do they do it?  Like i said i don't see the upside.

[Image: t5v7d9qdm9b2.jpg]