Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk’s Our Dog:’ Vikings Stars Blown Away in Meeting With Cousins, Insider Says
If Cousins uses this as motivation to improve his play this upcoming season and has his team's support...good for him.

Don't matter what Leber says or the players say.

What matters is this team has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and has only been there once while paying top dollar for a QB.

Who the QB is/was doesn't matter either.

The strategy failed and two good football men lost their jobs.

Yet "the dog" got a raise.

Go figure.

The simpletons want to characterize those of us who were ready to move on from this strategy (which included getting rid of the QB) as "haters".  Sadly, it is the best they can do.

I do not know if a first time head coach and will be a first time full season play caller can "fix" what ails the team and specifically the offense. Unless 14th in scoring is good enough for some.

I do not know if a new defensive scheme will be good right out the gate.  May take some time there.

When you miss the playoffs two straight years then you need to SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.  PERIOD.

Cousins and Thielen said some fluff after signing their new deal about getting back to work and let's go win or something stupid.

Why are they even opening their mouths?

MFers could not even get in the EXPANDED playoffs two freaking years in a row.

I ain't trying to hear nothing from any Vikings player.

I could give a rats arse about a team meeting and players humping on Kirks leg.

The Vikings are the Keith Sweats on the NFL.

I'm gonna.

I do find it interesting that
current and former Viking players still wonder if KC can lead a team after
being a starting, highly paid NFL QB ten years into his career.  I guess
Leber is/was a hater too?

I agree with Jimmy that we all want
Kirt to be this great QB the Vikings have been searching for since Tark
retired.  Kirt has put up really decent numbers, but for some reason many
around him and fans alike still don't entirely believe he can lead the team to
be elite. 

I wonder why that is?  I don't
think it's simply blind "Hatred" for the guy.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I'm starting to think a portion of the fan base has been sodomized by Kirk Cousins. Lured into his conversion van  by a handful of candy or maybe by a spot on cover of a Blink-182 song or a rousing rendition of Oklahoma. 
What did he do to you after he got you in the van?  It's ok to talk about it, this is a safe space.
Maybe this is the point I reiterate that I think Cousins is a complete nut job? I think I've said it often enough, but it looks like it needs repeating.

The fan base is something else. 8000 posts bitching about Cousins, about 3 complaints about a complete horse shit D. We've really got bunch of fucktards following this team.

Agree the previous strategy failed...

That regime got flushed because of that on-field performance and (I suspect) how poorly the org environment and org culture were as well.

I really dont think we can under-estimate the latter in the eyes of the Wilfs. 

I do think Cousins is good enough to win most weeks. Couple that with an even average D, better/more tenured OL, improved situational football from the coaches and I dont think its unreasonable to assume a better on-field product. 

We'll see what happens going forward...

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I'm starting to think a portion of the fan base has been sodomized by Kirk Cousins. Lured into his conversion van  by a handful of candy or maybe by a spot on cover of a Blink-182 song or a rousing rendition of Oklahoma. 
What did he do to you after he got you in the van?  It's ok to talk about it, this is a safe space.
Maybe this is the point I reiterate that I think Cousins is a complete nut job? I think I've said it often enough, but it looks like it needs repeating.

The fan base is something else. 8000 posts bitching about Cousins, about 3 complaints about a complete horse shit D. We've really got bunch of fucktards following this team.
[Image: 3f5babf1-3774-4595-9800-8c9e7283792f_text.gif]

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Don't matter what Leber says or the players say.

What matters is this team has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and has only been there once while paying top dollar for a QB.

Who the QB is/was doesn't matter either.

The strategy failed and two good football men lost their jobs.

Yet "the dog" got a raise.

Go figure.

The simpletons want to characterize those of us who were ready to move on from this strategy (which included getting rid of the QB) as "haters".  Sadly, it is the best they can do.

I do not know if a first time head coach and will be a first time full season play caller can "fix" what ails the team and specifically the offense. Unless 14th in scoring is good enough for some.

I do not know if a new defensive scheme will be good right out the gate.  May take some time there.

When you miss the playoffs two straight years then you need to SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.  PERIOD.

Cousins and Thielen said some fluff after signing their new deal about getting back to work and let's go win or something stupid.

Why are they even opening their mouths?

MFers could not even get in the EXPANDED playoffs two freaking years in a row.

I ain't trying to hear nothing from any Vikings player.

I could give a rats arse about a team meeting and players humping on Kirks leg.

The Vikings are the Keith Sweats on the NFL.

I'm gonna.
I'd like to say I stopped reading after the comment about "two good football men losing their jobs", but I admit I rubbernecked all the way through.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Just my take but I don't think you see as many posts about the horse shit D because Zimmer was fired. He was fired because his defense was horse shit and he was a poor relationship builder, amongst other things. The defense was addressed. We have a completely new scheme coming in with new coaches and new players so there really isn't much to bitch about at this point.

Cousins is still here on another short extension being the highest paid player on the team and we'll be dealing with his contract again next offseason. If you aren't in the camp that believes Kirk is ever going to be the guy to take us to a Super Bowl, it's a problem. If you love Kirks stats and think he is a Super Bowl caliber QB (with the right pieces around him), then continuing to pay him on these short extensions isn't a problem. You can make a fair argument either way...doesn't make anybody wrong or a fucktard. I personally felt moving on from the Cousins contract merry-go-round would have been the better move considering we just made an organizational reboot and could have received better value for him this offseason on the trade market. But the Wilf's wanted Cousins, KOC wanted Cousins, so we the fans now have Cousins (again) and I will cheer him on as my quarterback. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: 46f68ad6-4e1f-4c6b-bce1-2244a1ee26c8_text.gif]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

[Image: 3f5babf1-3774-4595-9800-8c9e7283792f_text.gif]
This is why I rarely come around to this blog.

Dude wants to call other fans childish names because they do not agree with his opinion.

But I guess it is cool to do that kind of stuff here.