Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Request Interview For DC/Other Positions
  • The Vikings seem to be moving on from Adam Zimmer and Andre Patterson, who were their co-DCs for the past two seasons. Both have close ties to Mike Zimmer, so it makes sense. I suppose there's still a chance Patterson could stick around if he took a demotion back to DL coach, but that seems unlikely.
  • It seems like there's a strong chance the Vikings switch to a 3-4 defense this offseason, which would be a big change after running a 4-3 for so many years. O'Connell has been around a 3-4 with the Rams for the past couple years, and all three of the names listed above are primarily 3-4 coaches. That would have a significant impact on the Vikings' personnel and how they shape the roster moving forward.
  • Rams run game coordinator and DL coach Eric Henderson is a name to keep in mind if O'Connell wants to bring someone with him from LA. Assistant secondary coach Jonathan Cooley could be a target as the Vikings' DBs coach, too.
  • Former Packers DC Mike Pettine was rumored as an option by CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, but I'm not putting much stock into that because La Canfora has consistently been wrong on every Vikings-related story this offseason.

[Image: fWAc4HDK_bigger.jpg]
The Vikings interviewed Ravens run game coordinator/defensive line Anthony Weaver for their defensive coordinator position, per source. Weaver also interviewed with Broncos and Ravens for DC roles.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
RE Pleasant, You could not have watched that 2nd Detroit game and not wonder WTF? got into their ragtag secondary. I was like when are we going to torch these scrubs. Dude had them ready for us. 

Up and comer under Shanny Jr and McVey. 
Took chicken shit and made chicken salad. Yup...was pumped to hear this name.
I hope it's Pleasant. And not just because every time I hear his name I think Aubrey Plaza....

[Image: f13e5d09cdbb2b296e8b4cf1ba224ac1.jpg]

Quote: @"Kentis" said:[Image: yviwnel74z37.gif]
@"Bullazin" said:
Any Callahan rumors?  I wouldnt mind.

I would like more man and power stuff. Lets get Davis in there. Draft a C lets go  

You could try asking Stefanski real nicely…  :p 

DC will likely end up being Pleasant. Told he is the favorite candidate and it isn't particularly close. Based on some of the posts above, I agree he would be a solid hire. 1st time DC but a proven track record with young players which is a plus when you need to rebuild that side of the ball. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
DC will likely end up being Pleasant. Told he is the favorite candidate and it isn't particularly close. Based on some of the posts above, I agree he would be a solid hire. 1st time DC but a proven track record with young players which is a plus when you need to rebuild that side of the ball. 
Pretty much a lock to go 3-4 then?

Jordan Davis and Travis Jones just became more attractive.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Make sense since you usually rush to set up the interviews with your favorite candidates.  Both Kwesi and O'Connell were one of the first interviewed in a long list for both.  

HMM, a d man who doesn't need first and second rounders at every position to succeed, I'm interested.

Aubrey Pleasant fits the #Vikings mold of as very young (35), highly and widely regarded up-and-comer. Never called plays, but Detroit was grooming him as a future DC for when Aaron Glenn gets poached.
Quote Tweet
[Image: hniSerk0_normal.jpg]
Jeff Risdon
@JeffRisdon
· 2h
A little birdie told me to expect Pleasant to land the job. Good for him. Fantastic teacher. Will not be easily replaced.