Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Request Interview For DC/Other Positions
The #Vikings put in a request to interview #Lions DBs coach/passing game coordinator Aubrey Pleasant for their defensive coordinator job, sources tell
@wyche89 and me.

Pleasant worked with (soon-to-be) new Minnesota coach Kevin O’Connell last season in L.A.

Sounds like former Ravens DC Wink Martindale has had a discussion with Vikings as well although no formal interview to this point. Martindale has interviewed twice for Giants DC opening, one of them in person over weekend.
Quote Tweet
[Image: dKwT9yPQ_normal.jpg]
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
· 32m
Another coach who has worked with Kevin O’Connell in the past is #Ravens run game coordinator/DL coach Anthony Weaver. Word is Weaver could get a look for the #Vikings’ DC job. twitter.com/tompelissero/s…

RE Pleasant, You could not have watched that 2nd Detroit game and not wonder WTF? got into their ragtag secondary. I was like when are we going to torch these scrubs. Dude had them ready for us. 

Up and comer under Shanny Jr and McVey. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Sounds like former Ravens DC Wink Martindale has had a discussion with Vikings as well although no formal interview to this point. Martindale has interviewed twice for Giants DC opening, one of them in person over weekend.
Wasn't he a game show host!

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
His nickname Wink is because of the original Wink Martindale.  So, though not related, he is Wink Jr.

Per source: Broncos RB coach Curtis Modkins leaning toward joining the Vikings as their RB coach/run-game coordinator. Modkins did great work with Phillip Lindsay and Melvin Gordon/JaVonte Williams the past four years in Denver. #9sports

[Image: 0kou9y559vyn.png]

[Image: eii0wlfnms5q.png]

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
RE Pleasant, You could not have watched that 2nd Detroit game and not wonder WTF? got into their ragtag secondary. I was like when are we going to torch these scrubs. Dude had them ready for us. 

Up and comer under Shanny Jr and McVey. 
If I recall wasn't one of the CB's for the Lions in that game just signed or was promoted from the practice squad at the beginning of Viking week.  Solid game by the Lions secondary in that game.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Hey....that was MY line, dammit!