Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say What Now?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Just asking,  what did Ross do wrong that indy didn't do when they sucked for luck?  Or other teams that have shut down stars at them end of pointless campaigns?
Bribery to impact the outcome of a sporting event is a federal crime. If Ross offered him money to lose and Flores has proof, Ross has more than the NFL to be worried about.

At least the maximum prison sentence is only 5 years.

Edited just to clarify an owner telling a coach to lose is not an issue, aside from the whole integrity of the game thing. It’s the bribery/incentive portion that makes it a big deal from a legal standpoint.

Peter King
@peter_king
· 1h
How, exactly, could the NFL know the claims by Flores are “without merit” two hours after the suit emerged?

So the Giants hired the guy who is credited with transforming Josh Allen into one the league's best QBs and was razor close to going to the Super Bowl two years in a row over a guy who was just let go from his team, because the consensus within the organization was that he was an egomaniac who verbally abused others.  There are reports of him completely abused Tua in practices.  And this becomes a racism lawsuit?  So if you get let go and you can't find another job then the answer is to just create a lawsuit, sounds pretty familiar.

Funny thing is that the Dolphins long time GM is black, their DC is black as well as 4 other coaches and their owner tried everything he could to trade for Watson.  I wouldn't doubt he was offered money to lose game as that would have netted them Burrow, but that doesn't have anything to do with race. 

Roger Goodell has to act and act immedately on the Brian Flores allegations by making the “end racism” font AT LEAST 3 points bigger on the back of the end zones

Quote: @"JR44" said:
So the Giants hired the guy who is credited with transforming Josh Allen into one the league's best QBs and was razor close to going to the Super Bowl two at years in a row over a guy who was just let go from his team, because the consensus within the organization was that he was an egomaniac who verbally abused others.  There are reports of him completely abused Tua in practices.  And this becomes a racism lawsuit?  So if you get let go and you can't find another job then the answer is to just create a lawsuit, sounds pretty familiar.

Funny thing is that the Dolphins long time GM is black, their DC is black as well as 4 other coaches and their owner tried everything he could to trade for Watson.  I wouldn't doubt he was offered money to lose game as that would have netted them Burrow, but that doesn't have anything to do with race. 
What does the Dolphins having a black GM, other black coaches and the team wanting a black QB have to do with the Giants allegations?

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"JR44" said:
So the Giants hired the guy who is credited with transforming Josh Allen into one the league's best QBs and was razor close to going to the Super Bowl two at years in a row over a guy who was just let go from his team, because the consensus within the organization was that he was an egomaniac who verbally abused others.  There are reports of him completely abused Tua in practices.  And this becomes a racism lawsuit?  So if you get let go and you can't find another job then the answer is to just create a lawsuit, sounds pretty familiar.

What does the Dolphins having a black GM, other black coaches and the team wanting a black QB have to do with the Giants allegations?
Don’t let reasoning and logic get in the way of a good rant.

The “THIS CANNOT BE RACISM” folks are just as bad as the “EVERYTHING IS RACISM” folks. 

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"JR44" said:

Nice try, how about actually reading what I wrote which was comparing him to Daboll, but go ahead with your agenda here and post whatever you want to read into it.  

@"bigbone62" said:
@"JR44" said:

Nice try, how about actually reading what I wrote which was comparing him to Daboll, but go ahead with your agenda here and post whatever you want to read into it.  
I read what you wrote. One big run on paragraph clearly talking about racism and NYG. Followed up by a paragraph about black people on the Dolphins.  So I guess the question should  have been "what does Dabo and the Giants have to do with a black GM, coaches or black QB in Miami"?

@"bigbone62" said:
@"JR44" said:

If the decision was made prior to the Giants interviewing a minority candidate therein lies the problem, and it appears now he was only being brought in as a show candidate.

Further, what if Ross was asking Flores to tamper with Watson in Houston (the more likely QB under contract with another team)? Who would have been left holding the bag/terminated had the league been notified?

Offered money under the table to tank? Seems more difficult to pull off, but will be interesting to see what proof he has to back this up.

"My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL..."

Systemically racist NFL?   Ouch! 

After two seasons of race lectures, that's gotta hurt.  

The NFL, hoisted on their own petard!