Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always get depressed after NFCC...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I had a huge sense of deja vu yesterday.

I was eerily brought back in time to 1/99, Metrodome NFCCG...

I just watched that Chiefs team choke one away yesterday. 

I felt a kinship with the Chiefs fans. Its just a game, but still tough to go through. 

Well there goes years of therapy.  Thanks for triggering a Viking fan. 
I was there and had it buried away - till yesterday. 

I'm in therapy now for @JustinTime18™  triggering my childhood Bambi trauma. You're welcome to join me. 

Maybe we can get a group rate.

But I vividly remember Super Bowl XI and watching Tarkenton being interviewed where he said "we just have to come back and play an AFC team we can beat."  Never in my mind did I think the Vikings wouldn't be back for this long.   Unreal actually when you think of the talent on those '85-'89, '94-'00, '09-'10 and '17 teams.   God the Vikings found new ways to lose in 2010.  And ultimately the Metrodome roof collapse. I really thought they would come out like rabid dogs and dominate, the offense never recovered from the Sydney Rice hip problem.  He never played for the Vikings again.  

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
But I vividly remember Super Bowl XI and watching Tarkenton being interviewed where he said "we just have to come back and play an AFC team we can beat."  Never in my mind did I think the Vikings wouldn't be back for this long.   Unreal actually when you think of the talent on those '85-'89, '94-'00, '09-'10 and '17 teams.   God the Vikings found new ways to win in 2010.  I really thought they would come out like rabid dogs and dominate, the offense never recovered from the Sydney Rice hip problem.  He never played for the Vikings again.  
 I was 17 when you guys played the Raiders in 77...You had a wonderful season that year with about 1700/1800 combined yards from scrimmage.

I never imagined it would be this long either. Dominating the division, going to and winning CG's were the norm. 

I'm in my 60's now. 

I know this change in GM/HC is scary for some fans, cause Zimmer was at least competitive most of the time. 

But I applaud ownership for acknowledging we've been in good mode too long - time to try for great. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Chuckf" said:
But I vividly remember Super Bowl XI and watching Tarkenton being interviewed where he said "we just have to come back and play an AFC team we can beat."  Never in my mind did I think the Vikings wouldn't be back for this long.   Unreal actually when you think of the talent on those '85-'89, '94-'00, '09-'10 and '17 teams.   God the Vikings found new ways to win in 2010.  I really thought they would come out like rabid dogs and dominate, the offense never recovered from the Sydney Rice hip problem.  He never played for the Vikings again.  
 I was 17 when you guys played the Raiders in 77...You had a wonderful season that year with about 1700/1800 combined yards from scrimmage.

I never imagined it would be this long either. Dominating the division, going to and winning CG's were the norm. 

I'm in my 60's now. 

I know this change in GM/HC is scary for some fans, cause Zimmer was at least competitive most of the time. 

But I applaud ownership for acknowledging we've been in good mode too long - time to try for great. 

I was 14 in ‘77, I was too young to realize how old that team really was. It was really the beginning of the end.

‘87 hurt bad, ‘98 hurt worse, ‘09 left me devastated. I took all the Vikings stuff off the walls in my TV room and packed it away. My wife was like, “They’ll be back, it’s only a game, they have a good team”
I knew that Super Bowls were hard to get to and win, it just doesn’t seem like it will happen for this nearly 59 year old fan.
I too welcome the “time to try for great”

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Chuckf" said:

I'm in my 60's now. 

I was 14 in ‘77, I was too young to realize how old that team really was. It was really the beginning of the end.

‘87 hurt bad, ‘98 hurt worse, ‘09 left me devastated. I took all the Vikings stuff off the walls in my TV room and packed it away. My wife was like, “They’ll be back, it’s only a game, they have a good team”
I knew that Super Bowls were hard to get to and win, it just doesn’t seem like it will happen for this nearly 59 year old fan.
I too welcome the “time to try for great”

[Image: liters.jpg?format=1500w]