Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always get depressed after NFCC...
Started following the Vikings in the early ‘70’s, surely thought we would have a championship by now, have seen Tampa Bay, the Rams, The Eagles, the pitiful Saints, Seahawks win it all before us.

Shouldnt this kind of devotion should be rewarded?
I’m getting older and slower, more aches, & purple heart(breaks) If we continue our trend of an NFCC once every decade, I’m running out of time & I may not get there with you all. New GM, New coach, new coordinators - here we go again...

ugh...Wheres the Zoloft?

Ditto…  :p 

Go back even farther, got cought up in it when the Lakers left Minneapolis, Gophers played in the Rose Bowl and the Twins moved from Washington.  

There is no reward, just the hope of next year…… so far

Let this sink in Viking fans....the Bengals, yes the Bengals...are going to the Super Bowl while we are home again debating another off-season of change 

If 17 year old me told 61 year old me we wouldn't be back by now...

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Let this sink in Viking fans....the Bengals, yes the Bengals...are going to the Super Bowl while we are home again debating another off-season of change 
at least there is change to be talking about this year,  the last few years of wash rinse repeat has left very little to get excited for in the off-season.  This may not turn out better,  but at least we aren't just spinning our wheels and may come out of this with a new direction and drive for the franchise.  Its unfortunate that the draft class is so devoid of talent at the QB position,   but just having a new vision for the team will be interesting enough in the short term IMO.

It’s sad that the off-season excites me more than the actual season. At least during the off-season there is hope.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
It’s sad that the off-season excites me more than the actual season. At least during the off-season there is hope.
The draft is the real Super Bowl

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
at least there is change to be talking about this year,  the last few years of wash rinse repeat has left very little to get excited for in the off-season.  This may not turn out better,  but at least we aren't just spinning our wheels and may come out of this with a new direction and drive for the franchise.  Its unfortunate that the draft class is so devoid of talent at the QB position,   but just having a new vision for the team will be interesting enough in the short term IMO.

I don't know, I always felt we were at least competitive and had a shot under Zimmer and Spielman until covid really derailed things for us two years ago. I thought with the roster tweaks this off-season we were going to be a definite playoff team. We lost so many games on the last play of the game or in overtime. Hoping for the best. It's just crazy in my lifetime this is the 3rd laughing stock Bengals Super Bowl I've witnessed while I have yet to see my Vikings in a single one. 

I guess, I look forward to getting more done on Sundays.  I am only really depressed when Green Bay is in the Superbowl.