Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does The NFCC Game Decide Our Next HC?
Quote: @"minny65" said:
Kwesi and the new HC will be tasked with finding and then developing a franchise QB.  I prefer someone from the offensive side of the ball and being a former QB is an added plus in that search and development (and Viking rescue mission) plan.

Of the remaining rumored candidates, I really hope our next HC is O'Connell.

(Still don't understand why we didn't talk to Pederson/Daboll)

As far as developing QB's, I would think getting the OC right is as important as anything. 

I am evolving my thinking on HC -- used to want an Offense background. Now I dont care which, as long as they have the leadership and vision skill-set required at that level - and the intuition to hire really good coordinators. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
Kwesi and the new HC will be tasked with finding and then developing a franchise QB.  I prefer someone from the offensive side of the ball and being a former QB is an added plus in that search and development (and Viking rescue mission) plan.

Of the remaining rumored candidates, I really hope our next HC is O'Connell.

(Still don't understand why we didn't talk to Pederson/Daboll)

As far as developing QB's, I would think getting the OC right is as important as anything. 

I am evolving my thinking on HC -- used to want an Offense background. Now I dont care which, as long as they have the leadership and vision skill-set required at that level - and the intuition to hire really good coordinators. 
Yes, to all that, but I also think a HC with a background as an OC would have better judgement/more knowledge in finding and hiring the right OC guy to surround the QB with after identifying the franchise QB (which I also think a former QB, and OC would have an edge there as well.  

Zimmer had a tendency to just hire old timers/HC as OC's and then micro-managed (Turner/Shurmur/Kubiak Sr.).  Until the last few years when he was forced to hire inexperience and still micro-managed that side of the ball - thus not a good HC.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...96170?s=20&t=XoyVuOZ2n0AH5wdhH95Hhw
God bless Trent Baalke. That great combo of ignorance and abrasive.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...96170?s=20&t=XoyVuOZ2n0AH5wdhH95Hhw
I do believe this is the first time I’ve ever given “the eye” to something Tomasson said…

I hope the Vikings don’t let O’Connell get out of Minneapolis until he’s signed the dotted line.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Interesting that the favorite hasn't been in for a second interview, but is available to do so. For me it's:

1. O'Donnell
  2. Ryan's
  3. Morris
i saw Josh McCown interviewing with no coaching experience and now we have another average qb Neil ODonnell in the mix here. J/k.

maybe if i was larry brown, id be excited about Odonnell. lol

Damn it.

O'Connell.

Lol
Oh! Thanks for correcting that. I thought you meant Rosie!

DeMeco Ryans' first postseason as a DC:
Held Dak to 17, Rodgers to 10, and Stafford to 20 in three straight road games.
Next time DC retreads are eating up all the HC interviews, remind me which ones made a January run like that.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
DeMeco Ryans' first postseason as a DC:
Held Dak to 17, Rodgers to 10, and Stafford to 20 in three straight road games.
Next time DC retreads are eating up all the HC interviews, remind me which ones made a January run like that.

I'll tell you someone who isn't getting any love is this defensive coordinator for the Bengals. They've made a complete change this year and have been a very stingy unit. Held the Raiders to 19, Held the Titans on the road to 16, and held the Chiefs to 24 on the road in Arrowhead on their way to the Super Bowl. I think what he's done this year with essentially a group of no names, has been as impressive as what Ryans has done in SF..

Speaking of which...Raheem Morris also getting a second interview with the Vikings this week, per Schefter