Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recap The HC Candidates
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I'm not surprised that Pederson hasn't been mentioned. He is a tool and his ending with Philly was ugly.
that was more to do with a meddling owner than anything he did. 
I don't like Lurie or Roseman but I am thinking Pederson is still part of the problem. It didn't work out but he is not absolved from any blame though.
I'm not recalling anything toolish about him. Could you elaborate? I'm at a loss. That FO has a lot of issues. Just not recalling anything about Pederson.

[Image: jhlmt6kxerpp.jpeg]

Choice #3.

The Pederson hire bothers me for one single reason, and that's Frank Reich.  That Eagles offense was unpredictable and fast when Reich was the OC on the SB winning team.  The next season Reich becomes the Colts HC, and Pederson and the Eagles were mediocre at best.
I'm not so sure Pederson was the brains behind that great offense of the SB team.  I think it was Reich, and he's done fairly well on his own as the Colts HC too.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

Choice #3.
put a purple cap on him, look up a 1967 picture of Bud Grant on the sideline and tell me what you see..

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I'm not surprised that Pederson hasn't been mentioned. He is a tool and his ending with Philly was ugly.
As an avid Eagle hater (lived there and can attest to the worst fans ever having been to at least 25 Eagles games) I didn't want to give Pederson any credit because I didn't like anyone associated with them from Lurie on down.  I also initially just wanted to credit anyone instead of Pederson and I have always liked Riech because he is from the Hershey/Lebanon, PA area and I followed him since his miracle with Buffalo.  

But Pederson surrounded himself with one hell of a coaching staff despite crappy/intrusive ownership and executive branch.  You cannot deny him that and he was able to outcoach Zimmer easily on their way to the Iggles first SB victory - ouch.  He took a proven backup QB in Foles and became the best team beating the Patriots.  These facts cannot be underestimated.

He should be a viable candidate for every open HC job plus he is a former QB so has that Offensive mindset that I want in our next HC.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
As an avid Eagle hater (lived there and can attest to the worst fans ever having been to at least 25 Eagles games) I didn't want to give Pederson any credit because I didn't like anyone associated with them from Lurie on down.  I also initially just wanted to credit anyone instead of Pederson and I have always liked Riech because he is from the Hershey/Lebanon, PA area and I followed him since his miracle with Buffalo.  

But Pederson surrounded himself with one hell of a coaching staff despite crappy/intrusive ownership and executive branch.  You cannot deny him that and he was able to outcoach Zimmer easily on their way to the Iggles first SB victory - ouch.  He took a proven backup QB in Foles and became the best team beating the Patriots.  These facts cannot be underestimated.

He should be a viable candidate for every open HC job plus he is a former QB so has that Offensive mindset that I want in our next HC.
Was it Pederson or Reich that outcoached Zim's D?  Zimmer beat Pederson in Philly the next season after Reich left, and in Minny the next season after that, IIRC.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Was it Pederson or Reich that outcoached Zim's D?  Zimmer beat Pederson in Philly the next season after Reich left, and in Minny the next season after that, IIRC.

Yes it was Pederson and his staff that won a SB.  On the way in beating us Zimmer all but said he was outcoached and he was.  If you want to just pick the whopping he gave us he also won against Tom Brady and the Patriots and multiple other teams along the way.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Yes it was Pederson and his staff that won a SB.  On the way in beating us Zimmer all but said he was outcoached and he was.  If you want to just pick the whopping he gave us he also won against Tom Brady and the Patriots and multiple other teams along the way.  
They went 9-7, 9-7, then 4-11-1after Reich left Philly.  I agree they had a great coaching staff in that SB season, but Pederson couldn't get another one after Reich left.  Other great coaches like Belichick and Reid can have OCs or DCs plucked from them time and time again, but their team remains pretty much the same.  That doesn't seem to be the case with Pederson.
I don't who the Vikes should get, but I'm not that impressed with Pederson.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

They went 9-7, 9-7, then 4-11-1after Reich left Philly.  I agree they had a great coaching staff in that SB season, but Pederson couldn't get another one after Reich left.  Other great coaches like Belichick and Reid can have OCs or DCs plucked from them time and time again, but their team remains pretty much the same.  That doesn't seem to be the case with Pederson.
I don't who the Vikes should get, but I'm not that impressed with Pederson.

Pederson was handcuffed by the GM and ownership and that is very well known.  I did not want to like Pederson because I hate the Eagles but I have to give the guy his due.  I really like Reich as well.  But just like every HC and his staff the buck stops with him and he a f'in SB for a franchise that never won..sounds similar to my team.  With better support from ownership and GM I think he would be a very good choice.  I also like Morris at this point and would be very happy with him.  I like that he has a ton of exp on both sides of the ball, in fact, I like him more than Pederson but would not be upset with either.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Choice #3.
put a purple cap on him, look up a 1967 picture of Bud Grant on the sideline and tell me what you see..
[Image: 33c9cqi9tvma.jpeg]

I can see it