Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings To Interview Moore/O'Connell
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
My top 3 hard pass HC: Bowles, Hackett, and Quinn. Right behind is Leftwich as its hard for me to trust an OC that has Brady, Rodgers, or 
Mahomes as QB. Demeco Ryans is an interesting name that im intrigued about.

Retweeted your Retweet
A #Vikings coach candidate who really intrigues me is 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans.

He's following the same path as Mike Vrabel (NFL LB to LBs coach to DC to HC). Ryans had a fantastic defense this year despite a major weakness at CB. He's a steadying force who connects with players.

Wait. Put a good defense out there without strong CB play?

Ryans also got comped to Tomlin. I'd take that.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
My top 3 hard pass HC: Bowles, Hackett, and Quinn. Right behind is Leftwich as its hard for me to trust an OC that has Brady, Rodgers, or 

Retweeted your Retweet

He's following the same path as Mike Vrabel (NFL LB to LBs coach to DC to HC). Ryans had a fantastic defense this year despite a major weakness at CB. He's a steadying force who connects with players.

If we got a Tomlin replica then I will be just fine

@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

Retweeted your Retweet

If we got a Tomlin replica then I will be just fine

Does he do quotes and one liners like Tomlin?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think what's going to happen is whomever the GM is, the Vikings braintrust will then give that person all the due diligence on the HC candidates and then let him chose.....or have heavy influence in that choice. As in a follow up interview.
Quote: @Greylock said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Is the GM search committee overstepping their mandate or are the just being proactive? It seems as if there has been a paradigm shift. Maybe it's good they are getting traction on the next phase. 
The Wilf's stated the new GM would have input on the new coach.  This could be a benefit and timesaver if the GM has a preference on a head coach that has already been interviewed by the Wilf's.  As Sticky mentioned if that's the case they can just go right to the follow up interview.

This mirrors my own thinking on this as well...

Wilfs will leave the decision to the GM, but this builds their intuition on candidates and could be a time saver as the HC Dominoes soon start to fall 

#Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell will interview for the #Broncos and #Vikings HC jobs this week, sources say, with Denver likely in person and Minnesota likely zoom. Both will happen either Thursday night or Friday.

[Image: N68Ls_bs_bigger.jpg]
We have completed an interview with Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn for our open Head Coach position.

Was his hat on backwards?

@PurplePastor said:
Is this a break from their plan (GM first and s/he will hire HC) or are they just getting in line?
It's pretty interesting.

They have stated the GM will hire the HC. So, are they(the new Triangle of Authority) going to present said GM with a list of guys to choose from? Are they going to have a say in who the GM wants? 
They are interviewing many remotely.  And even the in person ones will likely be recorded.  So this is due diligence, getting the preliminary interview in place.  The GM can watch and follow up once he is on board.

No other way to wear it. I also expect Lane Kiffin to wear his visor this way when he's decided he's no longer interested in the team/position
[Image: dmp91h-610x534.jpg]

@JustinTime18™ said:
No other way to wear it. I also expect Lane Kiffin to wear his visor this way when he's decided he's no longer interested in the team/position
[Image: dmp91h-610x534.jpg]
He will also have that big zit under his lip, and perhaps a herpes sore as well for good measure