Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-One of the better memes that I've seen
whataboutism at its finest.  Why anyone would stoop to defend Epstein?  I mean every channel is talking non-stop about him and Maxwell and all their clients, I can't get away from the Epstein talk...

Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre have reached a settlement, according to a court document filed by Giuffre's attorneys Tuesday.The parties anticipate filing a stipulation of dismissal of the case within 30 days, according to the letter addressed to federal Judge Lewis Kaplan. The sum of the settlement will not be disclosed, the filing says.
"Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms. Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights. Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre's character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks. It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others. He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/15/us/prince...index.html

Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex trafficking minor girls for Jeffrey Epstein
New York (CNN) — Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in prison Tuesday for carrying out a years-long scheme with her longtime confidante Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse underage girls.
Maxwell, 60, was convicted in December of five counts, including sex trafficking of a minor, transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity and three related counts of conspiracy. She did not testify in her defense during the trial, but on Tuesday she spoke in court to the victims shortly before the sentence was handed down.
"Jeffrey Epstein should have been here before all of you," Maxwell said at the podium, her legs shackled. "It is not about Epstein, ultimately. It is for me to be sentenced."
She told them she hoped the conviction would "bring you closure." 
"I am sorry for the pain you've experienced," she said, saying she hoped "this day would bring a terrible chapter to the end." 
"May this day help you travel from darkness into the light," Maxwell said
Judge Alison Nathan told the court that Maxwell was not taking extra punishment for Epstein's actions but for her own.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex trafficking minor girls for Jeffrey Epstein
New York (CNN) — Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in prison Tuesday for carrying out a years-long scheme with her longtime confidante Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse underage girls.
Maxwell, 60, was convicted in December of five counts, including sex trafficking of a minor, transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity and three related counts of conspiracy. She did not testify in her defense during the trial, but on Tuesday she spoke in court to the victims shortly before the sentence was handed down.
"Jeffrey Epstein should have been here before all of you," Maxwell said at the podium, her legs shackled. "It is not about Epstein, ultimately. It is for me to be sentenced."
She told them she hoped the conviction would "bring you closure." 
"I am sorry for the pain you've experienced," she said, saying she hoped "this day would bring a terrible chapter to the end." 
"May this day help you travel from darkness into the light," Maxwell said
Judge Alison Nathan told the court that Maxwell was not taking extra punishment for Epstein's actions but for her own.
Typical narcissist, not taking responsibility. Epstein couldn't have done this to the level he did without Maxwell. She was the facilitator. She knew exactly what she was doing and what these girls would be subject to. 

Why is she still the story?  Why isn't the story about the millionaires and billionaires being locked away for life for using her services?  Their fortunes being taken and used to fund anti trafficking operations as well as counseling and ammends for the victims of these crimes?  People talk about justice,   there's no justice here,  only cleaning up a mess.  The next epstein and maxwell have already likely picked up the ball and are serving the sick needs of those that this hearing has protected.   Likely epstiens "suicide" and her silenced imprisonment have done little to nothing to stop the real problem

Disgusting.