Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, This Hurts A Bit
Couldn’t stay on the field. Why risk keeping him for a maybe he’ll stay healthy this time?

Good for him that he’s doing better health wise this year.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Couldn’t stay on the field. Why risk keeping him for a maybe he’ll stay healthy this time?

Good for him that he’s doing better health wise this year.
Because we have been shorthanded at CB this season and spent a 1st round pick on the guy. Zimmer certainly didn't abide by his infamous "can never have enough CB's" moto. Breeland and Alexander have also both struggled at times this season. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
Should of never traded him. Not that he is a great player but when you consider the investment in him in contrast to what we got in trade return, the smart play would have been to keep him and roll the dice on the neck. He is proving in KC that he would have been worth the risk 
Yep. It’s not hindsight. Most people thought this the day it was announced, and still think it now. I also think that for the low price KC paid, it’s already been a good move for them. Sure it may look even better in 2 years but as of today they got there money’s worth, IMO.

Hopefully Rick does something solid with the pick we got.
Lol yeah good chance the 6th round pick we got in return from KC won't amount to much 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
Should of never traded him. Not that he is a great player but when you consider the investment in him in contrast to what we got in trade return, the smart play would have been to keep him and roll the dice on the neck. He is proving in KC that he would have been worth the risk 
Yep. It’s not hindsight. Most people thought this the day it was announced, and still think it now. I also think that for the low price KC paid, it’s already been a good move for them. Sure it may look even better in 2 years but as of today they got there money’s worth, IMO.

Lol yeah good chance the 6th round pick we got in return from KC won't amount to much 
Oh I don't know....the 2020 and 2019 6th rounds produced Blake Brandel, Josh Metellus, Armon Watts, Marcus Epps and Oli Udoh. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Oh I don't know....the 2020 and 2019 6th rounds produced Blake Brandel, Josh Metellus, Armon Watts, Marcus Epps and Oli Udoh. 
Watts has been effective as of late. Glad he's under contract next year. Hopefully whomever comes in has the good sense to keep Dre around.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Watts has been effective as of late. Glad he's under contract next year. Hopefully whomever comes in has the good sense to keep Dre around.
Watts was a late bloomer at Arkansas. He could be on a similar track in the NFL. The potential shown by the DL depth should allow us to go corner in the 1st round. 

Unless we lose a few more and end up with a top 10 pick, in position to draft a QB, I'd say you could probably take CB to Vikings to the bank. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Watts was a late bloomer at Arkansas. He could be on a similar track in the NFL. The potential shown by the DL depth should allow us to go corner in the 1st round. 

Unless we lose a few more and end up with a top 10 pick, in position to draft a QB, I'd say you could probably take CB to Vikings to the bank. 
Unless you love Strong, or baby hands Pickett (8.25") and I do, I'm not seeing a QB worthy of a top 20-25 pick this year.

Gimme Sauce, after a trade down.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Unless you love Strong, or baby hands Pickett (8.25") and I do, I'm not seeing a QB worthy of a top 20-25 pick this year.

Or if Stingley Jr falls to them too...depending on where they finish of course.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Or if Stingley Jr falls to them too...depending on where they finish of course.
I'd sit at 10 for Stingley, but I think Sauce late teens early 20s after a trade down to recoup that 4th rounder works too. Or the kid from Clemson. 

Hell, I'd hit Cincy with our first two picks: Sauce and Beavers.

Here's the explanation from McShay:
Quote:It's hard to find another college corner who is trusted on an island in press-man coverage as much as "Sauce" Gardner. The 6-foot-2, 188-pounder's 321 such snaps this season lead the nation by 61. And despite that big ask, Gardner has yet to allow more than 13 yards in a single game this year. (As an aside, I can't wait to see his Cotton Bowl matchup with Jameson Williams, who averages 21.3 yards per catch.) Minnesota's top three cornerbacks — Patrick Peterson, Bashaud Breeland and Mackensie Alexander — are all on expiring deals, and Gardner's speed, ball skills and lockdown traits would help address a pass defense allowing 8.9 yards per attempt (27th in the NFL).