Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s talk Wild card
Quote: @Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
I hope we don’t make the playoffs.
To much at stake draft wise.
Only a Viking fan could say something like this. 
No "fan" ever wants picks over wins.
This year I do...ready to move on from Zimmer.

The Viking's defense is not playoff caliber unfortunately. 29-0 and you almost lose that lead? Ridiculous. This might be Zimmer's dumbest group of DBs since he's been HC along with periods of zero pass rush by the D-line. Recipe for disaster. 

Prediction: win enough games to pick in the early 20s in the NFL draft but no playoffs. Great combo (eye roll).

Quote: @Norse said:
@Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
This year I do...ready to move on from Zimmer.
Move on from Zimmer and get a good pick, so we can....um...make the playoffs, right?

Playoffs are a new season. Team who wins the Super Bowl is seldom the NFL's best team, but it's always a team who gets hot and healthy at playoff time. That can be any team. 

If this were a 1 or 2 win team I'd be right there with you, hoping to improve our top 3-5 pick. But a team on the edge of the playoffs to upgrade a middle 1st? Hell no. It's just not worth it. Trae Waynes was picked 9th. Justin Jefferson was picked 22nd. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Weasel into the playoffs @ 9-8 and wreck Dallas or Green Bay.

... and Zimmer still gets 86'd.
I am so down on this team I couldn't even muster up any mojo to think playoffs but your scenario above would be awesome especially if Packers.  

I have never been for losing or tanking just for draft position.  I think that is silly and very detrimental to the players/team mentality.  We all know the draft is a complete crap shoot even in the first round never mind later rounds.  If you fall in love with a certain player and you are picking 25 and you have to move up to 10 to get them then I support those type of gambles much more then tanking with your current team.  

Not sure what ends up happening but I hope no team with a losing record secures the last playoff spot. No team, in any sport, should be allowed into the playoffs with a losing record. Cant reward bad teams

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
As usual, the stars will align.....
The Vikings will go to the playoffs...
Then at some point....

...lose in some new, inventive, and totally embarrassing way.
I was thinking more of a Nathan Poole moment, leaving the heartbreak on the doorstep of the playoffs.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Not sure what ends up happening but I hope no team with a losing record secures the last playoff spot. No team, in any sport, should be allowed into the playoffs with a losing record. Cant reward bad teams
I will say, the last one I remember was Seattle winning their division at 7-9.  They hosted the saints and that was Marshawn's merry rumble, the beastquake as it is called.  Was very happy they beat were there to beat the Saints.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:
As usual, the stars will align.....
The Vikings will go to the playoffs...
Then at some point....

...lose in some new, inventive, and totally embarrassing way.
I was thinking more of a Nathan Poole moment, leaving the heartbreak on the doorstep of the playoffs.
[Image: R.5f5e728d8a47f160fc6f5fa168a36f03?rik=7...ImgRaw&r=0]

Quote: @Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:

Guess I'm not a fan then.  If we do not have the ability to do anything in the playoffs then give me the better picks.