Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any changed minds with this team sitting at 5/6?
Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Just a friendly reminder that the Packers starting LT Bahktiari hasn't played all year due to torn ACL recovery, and his backup Jenkins tore his ACL vs Vikings. 

Yet despite being down to their #3 LT their offense continues to hum along, and nobody makes excuses about their O-line for their poor offensive performance. 

Packers scored 36 points vs the Rams with Aaron Donald last week.  

And yet Kirk Cousins who apparently needs a perfect O-line, defense, OC, HC, is still a .500 QB

No mind changed here, we still suck.  Not Lions-degree suck, but just enough to miss playoffs while drafting outside of the Top 10 where Spielman is guaranteed to whiff on Round 1.  

I've seen this story before, no need to tell me how it ends.
And even with them being on their 3rd LT they still have an OL that ranks better than the 30th ranked Vikings. One bad game from Cousins, who has saved our ass multiple times this year, and it's back to him being the .500 QB. Forgot Kirk was our kicker in AZ and was on the DL that gave up 200 rushing yards to SF. Team game, team defeat, get better as a team and win the next 3
Defense gave up 0 points in the 4th quarter, and our offense responded by scoring 0 points in the 4th quarter.

Game was there for the taking when it came down to crunch time, and KC came up short.  When you need him to hit must-have throws, he chokes.  

He just doesn't get the job done, sorry.  
In one game. My goodness with him it's always a what have you done for me lately when the Vikes don't win. Sure choked vs GB a week ago 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Just a friendly reminder that the Packers starting LT Bahktiari hasn't played all year due to torn ACL recovery, and his backup Jenkins tore his ACL vs Vikings. 

Yet despite being down to their #3 LT their offense continues to hum along, and nobody makes excuses about their O-line for their poor offensive performance. 

And yet Kirk Cousins who apparently needs a perfect O-line, defense, OC, HC, is still a .500 QB

No mind changed here, we still suck.  Not Lions-degree suck, but just enough to miss playoffs while drafting outside of the Top 10 where Spielman is guaranteed to whiff on Round 1.  

And even with them being on their 3rd LT they still have an OL that ranks better than the 30th ranked Vikings. One bad game from Cousins, who has saved our ass multiple times this year, and it's back to him being the .500 QB. Forgot Kirk was our kicker in AZ and was on the DL that gave up 200 rushing yards to SF. Team game, team defeat, get better as a team and win the next 3
Defense gave up 0 points in the 4th quarter, and our offense responded by scoring 0 points in the 4th quarter.

Game was there for the taking when it came down to crunch time, and KC came up short.  When you need him to hit must-have throws, he chokes.  

In one game. My goodness with him it's always a what have you done for me lately when the Vikes don't win. Sure choked vs GB a week ago 
I think it should be what have you done for me lately across the whole team actually. Offense, defense and special teams as well as coaching. Nobody gets a pass.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

I think it should be what have you done for me lately across the whole team actually. Offense, defense and special teams as well as coaching. Nobody gets a pass.
I dont disagree, but what I'm saying is one bad game from Kirk and it's automatically "He chokes" or "He doesnt have it" blah blah blah. Kirk has been clutch this year, but wasnt vs SF, it happens

@Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

I dont disagree, but what I'm saying is one bad game from Kirk and it's automatically "He chokes" or "He doesnt have it" blah blah blah. Kirk has been clutch this year, but wasnt vs SF, it happens

He was putrid in the Cowboys and Browns games too. He was great vs GB, LAC, ARI, and others. This team has far bigger issues than Kirk I agree (OC, HC, Special Teams not named Kene come to mind...) and I know Kirk's stats will be good like they always are, but he's had at least 3 puzzling Kirk dud games this year too. Hopefully he's gotten them all out of his system because without Dalvin, it's fully on the air attack now.
EDIT- To answer OP no my mind hasn't changed, this is pretty much exactly where I thought we'd be and yet somehow it's been more frustrating road than I would have guessed.

@Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

I totally get it but most takes are one extreme or the other. I would like to see Cousins with an offensive minded coach and a stable OL. 

@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

One game???  Nooooooo, I am talking about this:

8-7-1
10-5
7-9
5-6

1 playoff win.

He continues to get the same results every year.  Fuck his individual stats.  He's had Thielen, Diggs, JJ, Cook, Rudolph ... elite WR talent.  Brady didn't have that kind of talent on the Pats or some 85  Bears defense but he just wins, goes to the Bucs and boom Super Bowl Champs again. You think it's a coincidence Tampa Bay suddenly got that good overnight?  Nah Brady just knows how to win.

KC has been surrounded by talent here but we are still treading water at his career average of .500.  Same results he got in Washington.   

"But oh the O-line, the defense, the playcalling, the OC/HC but but but he beat the Packer last week."

At some point the excuses need to stop.  You're the QB.  Other guys get it done despite the excuses, the injuries, the coaching. 

Cousins isn't one of them. 

Blow it all up.  

Cousins, Spielman, Zimmer, scouts who can't get a 1st round pick right outside of JJ.  

Bomb a season or 2 for Top 5 picks.  Draft a franchise QB. Pair him with an offensive coach.  

Otherwise we are just continuing along our tortured journey of mediocrity kidding ourselves that this year/next year/just get that one position fixed and *poof* we can hoist a Super Bowl.

It's going to have to get worse before it can get better.  That's the sad reality few of us are willing to admit. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
z
As in "Z" needs to go?
Accidental post)) Smile but what you said works as well.

[Image: uqaj7sngejwm.gif]

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

One game???  Nooooooo, I am talking about this:

8-7-1
10-5
7-9
5-6

1 playoff win.

He continues to get the same results every year.  Fuck his individual stats.  He's had Thielen, Diggs, JJ, Cook, Rudolph ... elite WR talent.  Brady didn't have that kind of talent on the Pats or some 85  Bears defense but he just wins, goes to the Bucs and boom Super Bowl Champs again. You think it's a coincidence Tampa Bay suddenly got that good overnight?  Nah Brady just knows how to win.

KC has been surrounded by talent here but we are still treading water at his career average of .500.  Same results he got in Washington.   

"But oh the O-line, the defense, the playcalling, the OC/HC but but but he beat the Packer last week."

At some point the excuses need to stop.  You're the QB.  Other guys get it done despite the excuses, the injuries, the coaching. 

Cousins isn't one of them. 
Wins and Losses aren't fair in judging QB's. I'm in favor of getting a new QB because I think the price tag is too high for Kirk, but I'm saying he's been awesome for over a full 16 games and since it's a team game there are other reasons to why we are losing.

From 2020 through where we are this year in 2021, Tom Brady has had 9 games with a Rating less than 90. Record in those games is 4-5. Kirk has had 3 games where his Rating is less than 90 and his record is 0-3.

Looking at QBR (ESPN Measurable) less than 70. Tom has had 16 games with a QBR less than 70 and their record is 8-8. Kirk has had 18 and the record is 6-12.

Tom has some pretty damn good weapons in Tampa, similar to Kirk in Minnesota. Basically it requires Kirk to be damn near perfect for this team to win games...he's paid a lot and is expected to produce at a high level so I get the frustration but not all his fault.