Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any changed minds with this team sitting at 5/6?

Or has everything just been confirmed for you as a fan?

I'm disappointed and thought they had the personnel to be closer to 7/4. 

This team does play hard for Zimmer. But I still believe he's on thin ice with ownership. 

I'd have to say Udoh is one of the more disappointing players season to date for me....Bradbury of course as well. 

Thats 2/3 of the interior OL. ITs amazing the offense has been able to perform to the degree it has with that handicap. 

I am waiting to see if they reach that 9 win mark that I picked. Still disappointed in the OL. Sick and tired of Zimmer. Jefferson is amazing and should be getting the ball more. There is work to do on defense. It doesn't always have to be run to set up the pass, the pass can set up the run. Playcalling is still an issue. All that running on 1st and goal was ridiculous.

For me unfortunately this is about what is expected. Didn't think they would win this game. The mindset has to change from beating the packers as their super bowl. The goal has to get bigger.

Typical Zimmer game. 
Defense gave up 200 yards rushing.
offense was pitiful on 3-4 th down conversions this week.
Cousins didnt have one of his better games. 
Bad clock management,And questionable play calling.

Now cook is probably going to miss some time. which is a bad break.

Time for change...A Packers win doesn’t make a season. 
But it was a nice win.

This team plays hard regardless. I don't think Zimmer has lost the team. But we need a HC with better strategic and gameday planning. He's gone thru a lot of offensive coordinators in his tenure and I'm sure they'd each tell you a side of Zimmer some don't see. The bottom line is this team should be better and have a strong identity heading into his 8th season. 

Yesterday's game was a microcosm of what we've seen over the past 8 seasons. I want a change not because of this season, but because what I've seen over the past 8 seasons.

And Z...don't complain about holding calls. Every team holds.

https://www.nfl.com/news/george-kittle-m...witter_atn

Eh...with the entire DL being backups, the OL still struggling to achieve mediocrity, Cook getting hurt, and so on...

...yesterday wasn't surprising.  Disappointing, but not surprising.

It really does seem like just a couple of players returning could be enough to swing this team to the next level, but the SF lines had their way with us, again.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This team plays hard regardless. I don't think Zimmer has lost the team. But we need a HC with better strategic and gameday planning. He's gone thru a lot of offensive coordinators in his tenure and I'm sure they'd each tell you a side of Zimmer some don't see. The bottom line is this team should be better and have a strong identity heading into his 8th season. 
The OC thing isn't a valid criticism of Zimmer IMO...  Turner resigned, but the Vikings offense wasn't very explosive during his time here...  Shurmur (who took over after Norv) and Stefanski were great, but they were so good they both left for HC jobs...  how is that Zimmer's fault?  DeFelippo was a bad hire, the offense sucked with him so Zimmer made a mistake there?  Kubiak came back from retirement to help out a good friend in Zimmer and retired again and the offense went to his son.  Nothing bad there...

As far as our record, I wasn't surprised by the loss yesterday.  Our entire starting DL was out and the Vikings were in the game until the very end.  They had two costly turnovers (Cousins pick and Cook fumble) that set up the 49ers inside 5 and inside the 20 yard line.  Without those, I think the Vikings could have won the game.

My expectations haven't changed this season.  I figured we were a fringe playoff team (not a Super Bowl contender) if things fell right...  right now at 5-6, we are a fringe playoff team holding on to the 7th seed.  If you thought this team was winning a Super Bowl after last year, I don't know what to say.  It was about taking another step from a retooling year in 2020.  We might still do that, but the Vikings need to win their next 3 games now.