Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cole to start over Bradbury
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
When was the last time we saw a Vikings nose tackle do that to an opponent?
I was hoping a Pierce/Tomlinson interior DL was going to help a lot. Not Kenny Clark good, but good enough. 

Unfortunately that hasn't happened. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Bradbury will not be back next year in purple. 
I wouldn't go that far. I think it's pretty clear he won't get a 5th year, but next year is his 4th season on his rookie contract, so in order for him to be gone, the Vikings would have to trade him or release him. If they sign or draft another center, I could see them trading him, but Bradbury is a solid run blocker with one glaring weakness. I recently read where he might be the best reach blocker in the NFL. In fact, I think he'll play 10 or 12 years in the league. In other words, this isn't Treadwell. They won't just give him away. 

If he plays today, I'm curious to see how he does. We all saw Udoh lift his game when his job was on the line. Maybe we'll see that from Bradbury. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I was hoping a Pierce/Tomlinson interior DL was going to help a lot. Not Kenny Clark good, but good enough. 

You and me both. PIerce was a mad man the first three games, but that's all we got to see. And Barr was out all three of those games, so we never got a chance to see quite what Zimmer had in mind. If there's a God, we'll get all three (and Everson) on the field together for the playoffs. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:

Me too. It looked good on paper but hasn't worked out so far.
Joseph was a good player and had his moments but was often pushed backwards a few yards. The Williams wall was solid. Pat was rarely moved, even on double teams and had good side to side movement, and speed, for a big man, as well as a great motor. Didn't stop until the whistle blew.

Anyway, job one every year is winning your division. The GM needs to counter the strengths within the division first. Neutralizing Kenny Clark is one of those needs and these centers, and aquired recently aren't getting the job done. Fortunately the offense is still potent, but could be downright unstoppable with a great center.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Bradbury will not be back next year in purple. 
I wouldn't go that far. I think it's pretty clear he won't get a 5th year, but next year is his 4th season on his rookie contract, so in order for him to be gone, the Vikings would have to trade him or release him. If they sign or draft another center, I could see them trading him, but Bradbury is a solid run blocker with one glaring weakness. I recently read where he might be the best reach blocker in the NFL. In fact, I think he'll play 10 or 12 years in the league. In other words, this isn't Treadwell. They won't just give him away. 

If he plays today, I'm curious to see how he does. We all saw Udoh lift his game when his job was on the line. Maybe we'll see that from Bradbury. 
Cole is the starter today against San Fran. Bradbury era is OVER.