Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow....Bears got it with no lube tonight
Screw the Bears, I hope they lose every game on a ref fuckover, lol.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Serious Question - When did you as a fan first realize that officials were on the take?
the Hail Mary pass. Drew Pearson told me personally at Football camp he pushed off. still makes me sick to this day! And Van, hows island life treating you? surfing, fishing, hiking biking everyday? if I remember correctly, yoir son playing Football? 
The Hail Mary game was traumatic for me as a kid, (especially finding out Tarkentons dad had died), but I never really considered that the refs would THROW a game until I was much older...I had moments of speculation, but it was the “tuck” game that pushed me off the edge.

me too guys....love my Vikings, but refs have ruined the NFL for me.  starting to watch more college ball.

Life is good here, I started teaching and coaching again, so not as much beach life as Id like, and I get to see my son on the field every day.  He made varsity as a sophmore and plays both O line, D line and special teams....the only haole (at 180 lbs) in a group of Hawaiians, Samoans, Marshallese, and Tongans whose average weight is 260.  But Kyle is fast off the ball, his strength, footwork and hand fighting are all excellent, and more times than not, beats his man. (He trains in the offseason with “tip of the spear” and also a coach here who was a DE at Clemson) Been feeding him A LOT, but cant seem to get north of 180. The boys have all accepted him as one of them & couple of the guys have said “Damn brah...you just keep comin!”

Thats great to hear about your son - he must have one heck of a motor! And to get accepted like that is HUGE and speaks of the respect he's earned. Your so fortunate to be able to see him on the field every day. Happy to hear things have been great with your move to paradise and enjoying a "semi" retired life!