Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers has COVID; unvaccinated.
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@greediron said:
Already considered it.  And made that decision.  

And as I said, your implication that vaccination will prevent you from getting covid is bullshit.

As to Rodgers, he is young and healthy and will likely be fine.  He is still a class A dipshit and I hope GB loses every game.  But Zimmer is vaxxed and been more of a dipshit about covid than Rodgers.
I don't think I implied that vaccination will prevent you from getting covid.  In fact, in a post an hour and half before you called me on my "bullshit", I wrote "I agree there is certainly a chance I will contract COVID but it will be a far less severe case most likely.  Playing the odds is all I can do." 

I am glad that you are getting vaccinated.

Your OP implied that only the unvaxxed are at risk.  That is what I called bullshit.

And I am glad you believe that I am vaccinated.  naturally.  Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Rodgers finding out that not only did the league deny his exemption, but they also implemented the lower cheeks swab to test for covid

[Image: 45f2k5fb2keo.gif]

Quote: @greediron said:
@VikingOracle said:
@greediron said:

And as I said, your implication that vaccination will prevent you from getting covid is bullshit.

As to Rodgers, he is young and healthy and will likely be fine.  He is still a class A dipshit and I hope GB loses every game.  But Zimmer is vaxxed and been more of a dipshit about covid than Rodgers.
I don't think I implied that vaccination will prevent you from getting covid.  In fact, in a post an hour and half before you called me on my "bullshit", I wrote "I agree there is certainly a chance I will contract COVID but it will be a far less severe case most likely.  Playing the odds is all I can do." 

Your OP implied that only the unvaxxed are at risk.  That is what I called bullshit.

And I am glad you believe that I am vaccinated.  naturally.  Whatever helps you sleep at night.
I don't think it is fair to call bullshit on a post that I don't think implied what you think it implied and, if so, I clarified over an hour before you posted that it was bullshit.  But if helps you sleep at night to feel like you pwned this liberal, so be it.

Here, BTW, is how I understand "implied."
  • I wrote, "Please Greediron, please consider getting vaccinated."
  • You responded, "Already considered it.  And made that decision."  "That decision" implies that you made the decision to be vaccinated since that decision is what I was advocating.

Quote: @medaille said:
I can imagine the safety
only goes down if you are getting multiple boosters as compared to people who’ve
only received the 1-2 original doses.
Sort of like the rabies (virus) vaccine -- if at risk for rabies, best not to get boosters because the safety only goes down.

What is the schedule for rabies vaccine?
Primary vaccination with either type of rabies vaccine consists of 3 intramuscular doses (deltoid injection only), one injection per day on days 0, 7, and 21 or 28. A booster dose as often as every 6 months to 2 years may be required for person at highest risk for exposure to rabies virus, such as persons who work with rabies virus in research laboratories or vaccine production facilities, veterinarians and staff, and animal control and wildlife officers. Persons with infrequent exposure and persons vaccinated prior to international travel do not require routine booster doses but may require postexposure prophylaxis if exposed. More information on this topic is available in the rabies ACIP statement at www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5703.pdf.

@greediron said:
@VikingOracle said:
@greediron said:

I don't think it is fair to call bullshit on a post that I don't think implied what you think it implied and, if so, I clarified over an hour before you posted that it was bullshit.  But if helps you sleep at night to feel like you pwned this liberal, so be it.

Here, BTW, is how I understand "implied."
  • I wrote, "Please Greediron, please consider getting vaccinated."
  • You responded, "Already considered it.  And made that decision."  "That decision" implies that you made the decision to be vaccinated since that decision is what I was advocating.
Didn't claim I 'pwnd' you.  Just that your initial inference was BS.  And since you clarified, I guess it seems you agree.

As to your second statement.  You said "consider"  I said I already "considered" and made my decision.  Consider means that it is thought about.  I did think about it and made my decision, not that I agreed with what you were advocating.  Unless you are my doctor or my wife, you really have very little influence on my medical decision.

Quote: @greediron said:
Didn't claim I 'pwnd' you.  
 I guess that was just implied.  And since you have clarified, I guess it seems you agree.

On a serious note, I do hope that you and your family are able to avoid any adverse consequences.  No one should have to go through the extreme measure that many who contract Covid do go through.  I hope you are never nominated for a Herman Cain award.  Sincerely, I wish you the best.

Thank you Waterboy for bringing up Illinois, I am always looking to expand my knowledge base.  Frankly, someone raised India to me in a past thread and I found it more perplexing than Illinois.  Now Waterboy, you said write that "[l]ast week in Illinois, the number of deaths from Covid comprised of 77% people that had been vaccinated."  I believe the actual number is 42% ("Data from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) shows 42% of all COVID-19 deaths from Oct. 20 to Oct. 27, 2021, in Illinois were among fully vaccinated people." https://newschannel20.com/news/local/42-of-covid-19-deaths-in-illinois-last-week-were-fully-vaccinated.). "A total of 215 people died from COVID-19 during that time frame, and 91 were fully vaccinated against the virus."  When you add in people partially vaccinated (one shot, and, therefore, without full vaccine protection), the death rate is 50%.   https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2021/10/31/health-officials-push-for-booster-shots-as-50-of-last-weeks-covid-19-deaths-in-illinois-were-breakthrough-cases/   Moreover, you must take into account that the fully vaccinated population are much older (and more likely to have other health issues).  "Out of the 25,834 Illinoisans that have died from COVID-19 to date, only 818 were fully vaccinated. That equates to 3.2% of all COVID-19 deaths.  Out of the 818 deaths of fully vaccinated Illinoisans, 87% were 65 and older.  That number, 818, is 0.011% of the fully vaccinated population in Illinois, which stands at 7,640,122 people."  https://newschannel20.com/news/local/42-of-covid-19-deaths-in-illinois-last-week-were-fully-vaccinated.  87% of all breakthrough COVID-19 deaths in Illinois have been in the 65+ age group.   https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2021/10/31/health-officials-push-for-booster-shots-as-50-of-last-weeks-covid-19-deaths-in-illinois-were-breakthrough-cases/   

By the way, the very person who came up with the 77% figure you cite, corrected himself on Twitter on October 29th.

So even if I take your numbers and the rigged numbers of our liberal governor, you’re admitting that nearly 50% of the deaths last week in Illinois were among the vaccinated that just weeks ago were dubbed 99% likely to have no issues?   I can spam you all day with contradictory articles to what you’ve posted here.  The India example is just wild.  In an area that includes 241 MM people, there were nineteen actives cases as of a few weeks ago.  I’m going from memory here but I think the vax rate was roughly 20%.  The difference was the province was all utilizing ivermectin both to prevent and treat the disease.  Why don’t we know of these things, and why do our leaders fail to engage in the conversation?  Why are these studies blocked on Twitter, YouTube, and Google?  
Finally, your numbers are not likely to age well as they have not in Israel, Britain, and Iceland.   The numbers for the vaxed population only get worse by the day.  And we still have no idea on the long term implications, because at this point we can’t.   Yes, Covid certainly preys on our elderly and vulnerable populations.   I’m not sure how that really matters to this discussion..

Hmm I had heard that he lied about it but I think we need to make sure. Just because you are vaxed doesn’t mean you can’t get it. People have this wrong idea about what a vaccine does. It doesn’t prevent you from getting a disease or even having sumptoms or even having bad complications or death. It gives you a much greater percentage of not suffering those things and your body’s ability to beat it quickly when it encounters it thus creating a less likelihood of spreading it.

However IF he did lie about it and spread it to his teammates the league needs to come down HARD on him.

Just found out the first teen death in MN was the son of my Sisters coworker. Tough deal. The entire family got covid. The son didn’t make it. None were vaxed. I am sure there are regrets.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Just found out the first teen death in MN was the son of my Sisters coworker. Tough deal. The entire family got covid. The son didn’t make it. None were vaxed. I am sure there are regrets.

So sad and in most cases preventable.  They just opened up vaccines for my youngest and she's quite the excited little miss.