Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuz everyone wants more Cole Beasley lol
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Unfortunately for us Viking fans, I'm pretty sure we have the most "mouth breathers" than any other NFL team. Confused
I know that's why I am cautious and guarded about this season.

Yep, me too.  I'm fully
mentally prepared for a total shit show for this season.  When your top
paid star players are too effing stupid to help stop a pandemic, not only does
the entire team and fans suffer, they might end up killing someone.

I'm growing more and more intolerant
towards the conspiracy theory tin foil headed anti-vaxxers that are just
throwing fuel on this raging COVID fire the rest of us are trying to control
and eventually put out.

We need their help and they’re just
a bunch of stubborn dumbasses that can’t seem to understand what’s best for the entire world population.

in a closed environment of an NFL team,  what is the risk of having non vaccinated players mixed with vaccinated players?  from what we know on this new variant... none.  now outside of the facility and in a "greater good" notion,  I can see that,  but the mandates the league has in place are no longer necessary to protect their product as they are now proven to be ineffective.

What closed environment?  These players don't live together at the facility, do they?  They mingle with the public each day after practices, and can easily contract the virus.  We want herd immunity so the virus can be controlled.  The only way to do that is to get the vaccine, and I'm not going to argue that point.  I think everyone knows this, but they just won't do it. 

I think the NFL should just simply say if you won't get vaxxed, you can't attend games or play in the league.  It should be just that simple.
what will getting the vaccine do?  it doesnt prevent them from catching or transmitting the virus.  so what is the logic behind treating vaccinated players differently that unvaccinated from a protecting their product standpoint?  No a thing.  this has nothing to do with herd immunity... apparently there is no such thing with this new variant as the vaccines are not protecting against it anyway.   the mandates made sense when the logic was the vaccines prevented catching and transmitting the virus,  but it doesnt so then the mandates make zero sense from a protecting their product standpoint.  now if you want to say that they should make that statement from a social platform...fine,  then make that statement,  but dont the science doesnt support their current approach.

@"greediron" said:
Well at least he is willing to put his money where his mouth is.  If anyone still thinks masks will prevent this, they obviously get their history lessons from the mass media.

Get the shots and masks are no longer needed.
NOT true,  ask PFaithful how well the shot protected him.  He wasnt nearly as affected as he could have been,  but he was fully vaccinated and still got very ill.  The shot is not the compete answer to this issue, its the only one we currently have,   but even if everyone had the shot,  if masks ever were beneficial,  they would still serve a purpose.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
The Bills would be just fine without Hee Haw Beasley.

The Vikings would not without Weirdo Kirk who has positioned himself to be a martyr for his cause.  

Then we also have Harry, Theilan and I think Cook + 

Hoping a couple of those guys heed the in person meeting with a Top Infectious Disease expert yesterday.  

We already know from Kirk's comment that "it is what it is" that he is sticking to his ignorant guns.  

The vaccine helps you and also helps prevent the spread TO OTHERS!!!   Move beyond selfishness and think of OTHERS. 

The Science is clear - the vaccine works at around 90% . 

But for those anti-vaxxers lets focus on the 10% it doesn't work on or a side effect that my neighbors aunt's friend posted on social media.   
I would be curios to see the data on the vaccine having any effect on spreading it to others.   From what I have found is that the vaccinated people carry the same viral load as unvaccinated and as such would be just as likely to transmit the virus.

Quote: @"Godhead" said:
The Vaccine could actually be contribing to the stronger variant.
The virus mutates to stay alive so, it could be coming on stronger to combat the vaccine. We might be getting a new version that is stronger and able to still sicken the vaccinated. 
I had the same thoughts,  I indirectly asked an expert in the field and his response was essentially NO.  the mutations will not vary on the carriers vaccination status. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Unfortunately for us Viking fans, I'm pretty sure we have the most "mouth breathers" than any other NFL team. Confused

Yep, me too.  I'm fully

and eventually put out.

a bunch of stubborn dumbasses that can’t seem to understand what’s best for the entire world population.

in a closed environment of an NFL team,  what is the risk of having non vaccinated players mixed with vaccinated players?  from what we know on this new variant... none.  now outside of the facility and in a "greater good" notion,  I can see that,  but the mandates the league has in place are no longer necessary to protect their product as they are now proven to be ineffective.

What closed environment?  These players don't live together at the facility, do they?  They mingle with the public each day after practices, and can easily contract the virus.  We want herd immunity so the virus can be controlled.  The only way to do that is to get the vaccine, and I'm not going to argue that point.  I think everyone knows this, but they just won't do it. 

I think the NFL should just simply say if you won't get vaxxed, you can't attend games or play in the league.  It should be just that simple.
what will getting the vaccine do?  it doesnt prevent them from catching or transmitting the virus.  so what is the logic behind treating vaccinated players differently that unvaccinated from a protecting their product standpoint?  No a thing.  this has nothing to do with herd immunity... apparently there is no such thing with this new variant as the vaccines are not protecting against it anyway.   the mandates made sense when the logic was the vaccines prevented catching and transmitting the virus,  but it doesnt so then the mandates make zero sense from a protecting their product standpoint.  now if you want to say that they should make that statement from a social platform...fine,  then make that statement,  but dont the science doesnt support their current approach.
If everyone is vaccinated, even if you get the virus, it most
likely won't lead you to the hospital and die.  Yes, you could still get
sick, but at least it's not deadly to anyone.  If the worst that can
happen after getting the vaccine and contracting the virus are symptoms
similar to the common cold, or a typical flu bug, then it's worth it. 
The goal is to not have COVID patients filling up hospital beds and or
dying.
You're wrong in thinking the vaccines won't help any longer.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Yep, me too.  I'm fully

and eventually put out.

dying.
you are missing the point... the nfl instituted its policy to protect its product,  at the time it was believed that vaccinated people were protected and couldnt transmit the virus.   both of which have been proven wrong, so for the NFL to have 2 different standards for its players based on vaccination status in an effort to protect its product is stupid.  you  are bringing the social aspect into this and from the product standpoint its not supported by science.  like i said... socially yes,  but what they are doing is stupid as shit if its an attempt to try and make sure they have a full season.

hell those vaccinated players that arent taking any precautions are more likely to bring it to the locker room than an unvaccinated person that is masking up ( assuming masks are very effective) and still practicing the distancing protocols from last year.

@"minny65" said:

The Vikings would not without Weirdo Kirk who has positioned himself to be a martyr for his cause.  

Hoping a couple of those guys heed the in person meeting with a Top Infectious Disease expert yesterday.  

We already know from Kirk's comment that "it is what it is" that he is sticking to his ignorant guns.  

The vaccine helps you and also helps prevent the spread TO OTHERS!!!   Move beyond selfishness and think of OTHERS. 

But for those anti-vaxxers lets focus on the 10% it doesn't work on or a side effect that my neighbors aunt's friend posted on social media.   
I would be curios to see the data on the vaccine having any effect on spreading it to others.   From what I have found is that the vaccinated people carry the same viral load as unvaccinated and as such would be just as likely to transmit the virus.
Here is the latest from the CDC:

Delta Variant: What We Know About the Science | CDC

@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Yep, me too.  I'm fully

and eventually put out.

dying.
you are missing the point... the nfl instituted its policy to protect its product,  at the time it was believed that vaccinated people were protected and couldnt transmit the virus.   both of which have been proven wrong, so for the NFL to have 2 different standards for its players based on vaccination status in an effort to protect its product is stupid.  you  are bringing the social aspect into this and from the product standpoint its not supported by science.  like i said... socially yes,  but what they are doing is stupid as shit if its an attempt to try and make sure they have a full season.

hell those vaccinated players that arent taking any precautions are more likely to bring it to the locker room than an unvaccinated person that is masking up ( assuming masks are very effective) and still practicing the distancing protocols from last year.

Ok, I get get what you're saying now.  I could give two shits about the NFL as product compared to what this virus is doing to our lives.  I agree the NFL isn't doing anywhere near enough to help contol this.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:

Here is the latest from the CDC:

Delta Variant: What We Know About the Science | CDC
you are still as contagious,  just not for as long, so if both a vaccinated and unvaccinated person went around the whole time they are contagious you are correct the vaccinated could end up exposing less people if all things were equal, but they arent so the variables involved are to great to say vaccine helps prevent the spread because it doesnt.  if you are contagious and you come in contact with others the odds of transmission is the same regardless of vac status.  

considering that those that are getting sick from "D" are getting more ill and more likely to require hospitalization, they may end up infecting less people since they will be down for the count and out of society more than those that are not getting as sick from the "D" and are out and about spreading the shit around?

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Yep, me too.  I'm fully

and eventually put out.

dying.

Ok, I get get what you're saying now.  I could give two shits about the NFL as product compared to what this virus is doing to our lives.  I agree the NFL isn't doing anywhere near enough to help contol this.
if they really wanted to "do the right thing"  they would say that they are going back to 2020 rules and not allowing anybody into the stadiums.  if the goal is to slow the spread of "D",  regardless of the costs then no fans would be the right thing to do.