Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Waived/Injured Bucky to make room for TE Bell?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
anybody else notice the tats on his triceps?
No. What were they of?  Aaron Hernadez' Gang??

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
"GOD'S GIFT"

@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
"GOD'S GIFT"

Ahhhhh. Thanks 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:
"GOD'S GIFT"

Ahhhhh. Thanks 
I think it kind of speaks to his mental state in regards to his opinion of himself and perhaps his game and coachability.   Lack of humility often makes learning kind if difficult.

Or he's just really religious and liked the reminder to his folks that he is their gift from God.... :p

Well, heres hoping he can change and become a serious weapon on offense with his size and speed

Hodges sounds like he may lack humility, but...the job description of NFL Coach could be, "Dealing with men in their 20s who have been told they were entitled superstars since they were 6 years old, many of whom make more money than you and know it". I'm sure our coaches love the humble good-old-boys, but they won't fill a quality roster if they can't manage a fair number of inflated egos. Hodges is a 6th-round rookie, so no big deal, but hopefully his tattoos or cocky comments in interviews had nothing to do with waiving him.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Hodges sounds like he may lack humility, but...the job description of NFL Coach could be, "Dealing with men in their 20s who have been told they were entitled superstars since they were 6 years old, many of whom make more money than you and know it". I'm sure our coaches love the humble good-old-boys, but they won't fill a quality roster if they can't manage a fair number of inflated egos. Hodges is a 6th-round rookie, so no big deal, but hopefully his tattoos or cocky comments in interviews had nothing to do with waiving him.
unless those comments were actually part of his issue.  honestly, there are kids out there that are so far removed from reality that its going to take a complete and utter collapse of their lives before they see the light. ( ie: maziel as an extreme example)  but if Bucky honestly thought that his game was pro ready and took any coaching as a personal attack (not saying he did,  just saying) then it would speak to why they decided to bring in other help and risk losing him.

or maybe that concussion is pretty bad and they couldnt hold the roster spot indefinitely? 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
And perhaps, just maybe, the release was a way of dealing with Bucky's version of entitled superstar.

@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:
"GOD'S GIFT"

Ahhhhh. Thanks 
I think it kind of speaks to his mental state in regards to his opinion of himself and perhaps his game and coachability.   Lack of humility often makes learning kind if difficult.

Or he's just really religious and liked the reminder to his folks that he is their gift from God.... :p

and this is what I am thinking too.   hmmm coachability...got a couple of workers with the same issue right now.  My take is not to coach them, but get rid of them.  They  WON"T, not can't, learn.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:
"GOD'S GIFT"

Ahhhhh. Thanks 

and this is what I am thinking too.   hmmm coachability...got a couple of workers with the same issue right now.  My take is not to coach them, but get rid of them.  They  WON"T, not can't, learn.
i had heard a comment in an interview with him in the last few months that had me wondering about his attitude.  at the time it seemed pretty minimal,  but then after seeing his  "GODS GIFT" tat and hearing that he might have an attitude problem... makes me wonder I guess.