Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Waived/Injured Bucky to make room for TE Bell?
 Just saw a tweet from Tomasson? Is this true?? 

It is true 

What happened?

Injury Designation 
I bet they get to retain him somehow.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
What happened?
Concussion in the Miami game.  I guess it's pretty bad 

This is the most disappointing cut for me. I thought he showed some real potential and was worth retaining to continue to develop him. The Vikings don't have a TE on the roster with his skill set. 

Apparently if he clears waivers, he and the Vikings are likely to reach an injury settlement to grant him his outright release. At least that's according to an article I just read.

I think Hodges was a fan favorite for little reason other than he had some decent athletic skills, but honestly? He's a horrible blocker and too thin-framed for TE and he can't catch the ball nearly well enough for WR. So what to do with the guy? Practice squad at best, IMO.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think Hodges was a fan favorite for little reason other than he had some decent athletic skills, but honestly? He's a horrible blocker and too thin-framed for TE and he can't catch the ball nearly well enough for WR. So what to do with the guy? Practice squad at best, IMO.
agree. the fact sparano preferred Bell shows me they dont think Hodges can play TE in this league.    my only concern is that he could blow up as a red zone WR

Not sure of the source, but sounds like we got him to IR?

Code:
http://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/904827314944561152

*Edit: Hyperlink won't post correctly.