Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOOOOOLLLLD up... Mond wasn't vaccinated either?!?
Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
Krammer doesn't seem to be a great source on this and surprisingly there is no one else reporting it, but considering he is from Texas which is leading the way in Covid cases it wouldn't be a shock.  I was high on Mond, but if this is true he is just another selfish player who doesn't have the leadership skills to be a QB.  

How about a 3 way trade with Houston and Denver, Watson to Denver, Cousins to the Texans (he would fit right in) and Teddy comes back to Minny.  
I thought you wanted the Vikings to be good?

Here we go, I should have known better, here comes to the Sticky/Barr train!  Lol!  So for the past year I have had you both blast me about bashing Kirk and defending Teddy.  How did you support for Kirk work out for you?!  Based on that, I wouldn't be so cocky about your opinions of Teddy!  Hilarious!
JR, I hate to say it, but did you watch Teddy last year? He was bad, like should not be a starter bad. Hating on Cousins is fine, but I cant see someone still wanting Teddy to be a starter on their team. He is not going to start for Denver for a reason, and that's not because Drew Lock is that good. I hope I'm wrong as Teddy is a class act, but I just dont see it.

Hope the players keep standing up for their rights.  The QBs have the Vikings and NFL in a bad spot, they need Cousins and Mond.  Let Cousins miss a few games because of the NFL draconian health rules.  He gets paid, the NFL suffers.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
Krammer doesn't seem to be a great source on this and surprisingly there is no one else reporting it, but considering he is from Texas which is leading the way in Covid cases it wouldn't be a shock.  I was high on Mond, but if this is true he is just another selfish player who doesn't have the leadership skills to be a QB.  

How about a 3 way trade with Houston and Denver, Watson to Denver, Cousins to the Texans (he would fit right in) and Teddy comes back to Minny.  

Here we go, I should have known better, here comes to the Sticky/Barr train!  Lol!  So for the past year I have had you both blast me about bashing Kirk and defending Teddy.  How did you support for Kirk work out for you?!  Based on that, I wouldn't be so cocky about your opinions of Teddy!  Hilarious!
JR, I hate to say it, but did you watch Teddy last year? He was bad, like should not be a starter bad. Hating on Cousins is fine, but I cant see someone still wanting Teddy to be a starter on their team. He is not going to start for Denver for a reason, and that's not because Drew Lock is that good. I hope I'm wrong as Teddy is a class act, but I just dont see it.
Teddy was a tale of two seasons. First half he was good, even great. 2nd half he was awful. He can still be a starter in this league and likely will be in Denver. It's close though. I'll tell ya one thing, if we can't have Kirk, Teddy would be my next "reasonable" choice. Shame too. A Rodgers trade to Denver would've made it possible. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

Teddy was a tale of two seasons. First half he was good, even great. 2nd half he was awful. He can still be a starter in this league and likely will be in Denver. It's close though. I'll tell ya one thing, if we can't have Kirk, Teddy would be my next "reasonable" choice. Shame too. A Rodgers trade to Denver would've made it possible. 
I would tend to agree that the first half of the year he was better. The issue is the injury halted his progression and he is going to be a game manager for the rest of his career. There will be minimal games where he takes over and I cant see him leading a high powered offense. I've posted about my concerns with Mond but I'd rather see that potential over Teddy, but that's just me.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

I would tend to agree that the first half of the year he was better. The issue is the injury halted his progression and he is going to be a game manager for the rest of his career. There will be minimal games where he takes over and I cant see him leading a high powered offense. I've posted about my concerns with Mond but I'd rather see that potential over Teddy, but that's just me.
Mond is nowhere near ready. 

Kellen Mond isn’t vaccinated, despite a report that he is
Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2021, 1:30 PM EDT
[Image: GettyImages-1234303599-e1628011735888.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images

Kellen Mond has a chance to ingratiate himself to the Minnesota coaching staff, a way to ensure he’ll be available for every practice and every game. With starting quarterback 
Kirk Cousins inexplicably committed to an anti-vaxx approach, Mond could have fueled his eventual climb to the top of the depth chart. But Mond, who otherwise oozes a full and complete commitment to all things football, didn’t get vaccinated.
Despite a report that Mond had tested positive despite being vaccinated, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune now reports that he’s not vaccinated.  Mond currently is dealing with the effects of the disease. “He’s got COVID,” offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak told reporters on Tuesday. “He’s sick .” Kubiak added that it’s a “tough situation” for Mond

The fact that Mond isn’t vaccinated and tested positive, coupled with two other quarterbacks (Kirk Cousins and Nate Stanley ) having close contact with Mond and not being vaccinated themselves, caused all three quarterbacks to land on the COVID reserve list. The situation has left coach Mike Zimmer apoplectic.

“I just don’t understand,” Zimmer told reporters on Monday. “I think we could put this thing to bed if we all [get vaccinated]. But it is what it is.”
So how will Zimmer feel if he loses Cousins before a key game?

“Probably won’t be happy we lost the game, first, and I probably won’t be happy we could’ve prevented this,” Zimmer said.
He has every reason to be upset, because there’s no good reason not to get vaccinated. There’s every reason for a professional football player to get vaccinated. Players line up out the door for Toradol shots in order to play on Sundays despite proven long-term health risks, but they won’t get a vaccine that keeps them available and that is far safer than Toradol.
Make no mistake about it. Plenty of players who aren’t vaccinated are going to end up being cut. For those who are untouchable, it may not happen this year. However, the moment their skills slip or the cap numbers outweigh their contributions, they’ll get no benefit of the doubt. They’ll get no favors. Because the opted not to do everything they should have done to advance the collective health of the franchise and to ensure maximum availability for the 2021 season.

Kellen Mond isn't vaccinated, despite a report that he is - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

Mond is nowhere near ready. 
That's kind of my point...I dont have a lot of faith in Teddy in this stage of his career. I wish him the best though

Don't be surprised if he gets cut.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Don't be surprised if he gets cut.
They aren't cutting Mond, lol.