Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the Mods in here?
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
And here I am ONCE again offering "The Golden Rule" advice.

I don't click into a lot of the "sensitive" or "political" or "religious" threads....simply because I just want to find out and chat about Vikings football.  That being said, the "He said, she said" sophomoric nonsense needs to stop.  

I think all viewpoints are valuable, but if a statement like "your mama wears combat boots" offends you...here's a challenge... DON'T RESPOND.  Take the higher road folks, and let it go... you don't HAVE to agree, and little chance of convincing someone to change their opinion, so....why frustrate yourself and others by escalating the situation.

People are here to discuss football, and I'm questioning (for the first time) the benefit of "sensitive topics".  My thinking is that friends here would like to state their opinions on matters, and that's cool, but it shouldnt degenerate into personal attacks, name calling, and internet dick measuring.  At times as a Mod, I feel like a damn marriage counselors here..."Greed, can you say something nice about Vanguard? Now...Vanguard, can you say something nice about Greed?"

Golden Rule folks...pretty easy.

...yeah, OK rip me up now for my opinion
Why drag me into this?   B)

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

I don't click into a lot of the "sensitive" or "political" or "religious" threads....simply because I just want to find out and chat about Vikings football.  That being said, the "He said, she said" sophomoric nonsense needs to stop.  

I think all viewpoints are valuable, but if a statement like "your mama wears combat boots" offends you...here's a challenge... DON'T RESPOND.  Take the higher road folks, and let it go... you don't HAVE to agree, and little chance of convincing someone to change their opinion, so....why frustrate yourself and others by escalating the situation.

People are here to discuss football, and I'm questioning (for the first time) the benefit of "sensitive topics".  My thinking is that friends here would like to state their opinions on matters, and that's cool, but it shouldnt degenerate into personal attacks, name calling, and internet dick measuring.  At times as a Mod, I feel like a damn marriage counselors here..."Greed, can you say something nice about Vanguard? Now...Vanguard, can you say something nice about Greed?"

WTF does this ramble have to do with Barrs beard?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:

What? You're wearing drag?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
I am. Wait, you are talking about people who ride Vespas and have cool haircuts, right? 
I have a beard now and the girlfriend has a Jeep. I think I'm a mod, or do I have to brew my own beer first?
like the grizzly adams,  or more of a i use a trimmer when im to lazy to get the razor out.. kind of beard?  I think all these 20 somethings trying to grow full beards is funny as hell because their facial hair is so erratic it looks like a wolverine went ape shit on a baby yak.
Definitely not Grizzly Adams, definitely not a 20 something. I think if Kate Upton started having daddy issues, she'd approve.

[Image: oq45j9aijj9c.jpeg]
Nice, I ditched my COVID/hunting/ice fishing beard months ago.  I'm beardless right now, unlike Aaron Rodgers...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
I am. Wait, you are talking about people who ride Vespas and have cool haircuts, right? 
I have a beard now and the girlfriend has a Jeep. I think I'm a mod, or do I have to brew my own beer first?
like the grizzly adams,  or more of a i use a trimmer when im to lazy to get the razor out.. kind of beard?  I think all these 20 somethings trying to grow full beards is funny as hell because their facial hair is so erratic it looks like a wolverine went ape shit on a baby yak.
Definitely not Grizzly Adams, definitely not a 20 something. I think if Kate Upton started having daddy issues, she'd approve.

Nice, I ditched my COVID/hunting/ice fishing beard months ago.  I'm beardless right now, unlike Aaron Rodgers...
Aren't you dapper

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Thats a pretty cool picture

Quote: @mblack said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Jump Off Rock. About 20 minutes from our condo. 

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:

What? You're wearing drag?
Shoulda known better than to step into this fray.

Quote: @mblack said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Barr's a regular stallion in that pic...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
No, that's not mod, that's Colorado. But if you come here, in addition to your jeep and brew kit, you'll also need a dog with a bandana and a Subaru with a ski and bike rack. See mod below...

[Image: quadrophenia_2909328a.jpg?imwidth=1400]
Lordie, is that Sting and the Police at about 17 years old?