Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa... Vikings releasing Alex Boone...
Quote: @"Norse" said:
Now no Kalil, Clemmings and Boone to bitch at. Remmers is probably going to get bitched at now.
There is always someone who will be ranted and raved about.

Now if we move Reiff over to the right side, I just might think this staff is getting serious...

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Now if we move Reiff over to the right side, I just might think this staff is getting serious...
I am trying to believe this is a step in the right direction.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
Not sure why this is a shock, he definitely wasn't playing up to his cap dollar, and his mouth was annoying, and I like cocky players.  But if your going to talk you better back it up.
It is a shock for me because the Vikings have mismanaged the OL for years now. This release actually gets me excited they might actually be waking up.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Guy talked a better game than he played
When Zimmer was talking about how the OL was soft. This guy is what comes to mind as the worst offender of being soft. Now what would really throw me for a loop is if they started Rashod Hill at LT and Riley Reiff at RT. 

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
 Now what would really throw me for a loop is if they started Rashod Hill at LT and Riley Reiff at RT. 
I wouldn't mind seeing that but they paid Remmers quite a bit so it probably won't happen.

He never showed much.  I think a good addition by subtraction.   Geoff Nichols warned us on Thursday that this was a very possible scenario

@"Mike Olson" said:
Guy talked a better game than he played
When Zimmer was talking about how the OL was soft. This guy is what comes to mind as the worst offender of being soft. Now what would really throw me for a loop is if they started Rashod Hill at LT and Riley Reiff at RT. 
I always thought he was talking directly to the left side of the OLine.

@"Bolstad79" said:
Not sure why this is a shock, he definitely wasn't playing up to his cap dollar, and his mouth was annoying, and I like cocky players.  But if your going to talk you better back it up.
It is a shock for me because the Vikings have mismanaged the OL for years now. This release actually gets me excited they might actually be waking up.
It's at such a point that they had to do something. Between all the injuries and the ineffective combinations, I hope they realize that it's time to do whatever it takes to get a steady OL. Hell we aren't going to have superstars but they have to keep Sam upright. He has to be able to trust them. Clearly he doesn't. I can't say I blame him. 

Basically a brand new line this year. Crazy. 

I figure they can't be worse but I've said that before and been wrong.