Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa... Vikings releasing Alex Boone...
Andrew Krammer @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings releasing guard Alex Boone, eating $3.4M in dead money, per @GoesslingStrib2:35 PM · Sep 2, 2017

I'm shocked by this...  

Well, he wasn't impressing anyone.  I hate the dead money and loss of depth, but if he wasn't playing well...seeya.

Hey, maybe the best 5 will actually start...I like it!

Well I guess they aren't messing around and waiting for the OL to develop. They have a plan that includes younger guys which seems to be better than waiting for some to improve. 

Not sure why this is a shock, he definitely wasn't playing up to his cap dollar, and his mouth was annoying, and I like cocky players.  But if your going to talk you better back it up.

So Sirles and Isadora are the backups but they have room in case someone juicy gets cut.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Well, he wasn't impressing anyone.  I hate the dead money and loss of depth, but if he wasn't playing well...seeya.
Sure there's some dead money but there's also cap savings, I'ld rather they admit now that he's a mistake then next year.  Also glad we won't have to hear the excuses this year.

Minnesota Vikings Cut Alex BooneWith all of the movement that we expected from the Minnesota Vikings on the offensive line from last season to this one, the one constant that we all had penciled in was that Alex Boone, last year’s big free agency acquisition, would be the starter at the left guard position.
Oops.
Numerous sources are reporting that the Vikings have cut Boone, which apparently means that the team will be going with Nick Easton at left guard and rookie Pat Elfleinat center.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/9/2/1...alex-boone

Wow, didn't see this one coming.  Haven't been impressed with him at all but figured he would make the team.