Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected starters
Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think our WR3 is on the roster yet. 
If it ends up being Bisi, we are in trouble. 

How can you not root for someone with a Busy Johnson? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
https://thevikingage.com/2021/05/19/4-mi...le-otas/4/

What?! Bisi! Noooooo! I guess the author didn't get the memo.
Bisi's definitely on the bubble. Abdullah as good as gone. Don't think Dye or Samia are at much risk of losing a roster spot. 
None of these would be a surprise. I know it's very early to predict, but who could be an unlikely cut candidate this Summer if you were going to make a bold prediction? Since we have gotten rid of so many people this offseason to free up cap space, I'm having a tough time coming up with anyone relevant. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Bisi's definitely on the bubble. Abdullah as good as gone. Don't think Dye or Samia are at much risk of losing a roster spot. 
None of these would be a surprise. I know it's very early to predict, but who could be an unlikely cut candidate this Summer if you were going to make a bold prediction? Since we have gotten rid of so many people this offseason to free up cap space, I'm having a tough time coming up with anyone relevant. 
OK, I thought of one. I really like Harrison Hand and want him to move to Safety. He has the size and tackles very well. Could he be a darkhorse to win the starting Free Safety position with Xavier Woods being a surprise cut? It's a longshot, but if Woods continues to play like he did last year, I could see it happening. Bynum will need a year to make the transition and won't be ready to step in immediately. 

@"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

OK, I thought of one. I really like Harrison Hand and want him to move to Safety. He has the size and tackles very well. Could he be a darkhorse to win the starting Free Safety position with Xavier Woods being a surprise cut? It's a longshot, but if Woods continues to play like he did last year, I could see it happening. Bynum will need a year to make the transition and won't be ready to step in immediately. 
I was going to say Weatherly, but this one sounds more plausible. Neither vet got huge deals, so no potential cap issue. 

Also thought of Dozier as he looks to be vet depth, but I really can't sell that one.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I was going to say Weatherly, but this one sounds more plausible. Neither vet got huge deals, so no potential cap issue. 

Also thought of Dozier as he looks to be vet depth, but I really can't sell that one.
Weatherly was a consideration for me. If Dozier makes the team I will throw up so I'm already projecting him as a cut. 

I don't think cutting Abdullah is a certainty. Schedule expanded by an extra game means more wear and tear, team is a run-based offense, Cook is brilliant but does have an injury history, Nwangwu is raw...too many reasons to just sit with 3 backs.

I would say Weatherly is a candidate to be cut. If you go 5 DE's, you know Hunter is one, then Wonnum and the two draft picks are almost assured of getting spots. For the last one, I could see another low tier signing or someone out of Holmes, Herc or Willekes taking it.

I'd take Rose over Abdullah. Anything to ensure Ameer never fields a kick again. This is a recommendation from my cardiologist.