Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOND!!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
And if this pick turns out good for us....we can thank the trade down in the first that everyone hated. 
Well, we hated it until we liked it. It kind of worked out Smile

Let’s goooooo! I know we have other needs but so excited about this pick!

Kirk’s next 2 years are guaranteed and his cap hit in the second season is obscene, as we know. Like $44M. So getting Mond in and seeing what he’s got for a year is really smart. If he doesn’t have it or if Kirk plays incredible then you extend Kirk and lower his cap hit. Fair enough.

But if Mond does have it, you either trade Kirk and let his new team restructure him, or you bite the bullet then move on. 

Not drafting a QB this year would’ve been dumb IMO and Kirk would’ve had us over a barrel negotiating (again). Good job Vikings!

Kirk is very good. However slim the chance, we just drafted a guy with at least the potential to be great.

All I have to say is...

BOOM

[Image: 00xwuq5k84qj.png]

Ted Nguyen: I really liked Kellen Mond as a developmental project in the third round. The Vikings got good value with that pick with a lot of potential upside. Mond is a big-time athlete with a big-time arm. He ran a lot of pro concepts in Jimbo Fisher's offense and gradually improved year to year. His accuracy has to improve but I think it can with some mechanical improvements. One of the first things he has to work on is holding the ball lower. Right now, he holds the ball high up near his shoulder Jeff Tedford style, which makes him look robot in the pocket.

With the Vikings, he'll get to sit behind Kirk Cousins, who I think will be an excellent mentor for him. The scheme fit, in an outside zone/play action system, is great too.

One more thought-

Obligatory preface— I like Spielman. He’s done a ton of good for this franchise. And I’m pumped about this pick!!

That said, if things do go south for whatever reason over the next season or two (hopefully not!), this Mond pick is one very important data point with which we— and more importantly, the Wilfs— can evaluate Spielman. Sincerely hope it all works out for everyone. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
All I have to say is...

BOOM
We both got what we wanted, right Wet? The LT to prove that Cousins can be elite with better protection...and the backup QB just in case we're wrong. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1388314975005986816
Jeeez! So I guess Kirk and RG3 aren’t friends, lol. Scorched earth 

Edit- RG3 and Everson Griffen would probably get along.