Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Back Mackensie Alexander
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 10m
It remains to be seen what possibly could happen with #Vikings CB Mike Hughes' roster status after signing of CB Mackensie Alexander. Regardless, I was told today Hughes is fully healthy. He's recovered after spending final 10 weeks of 2020 on injured reserve due to neck injury.
I wonder with the league going to 17 games if that means rosters will expand. If Hughes is healthy then he should have a shot to stick.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
So, all the prior talk of Zim driving Alexander off...
It wasn't so much Zimmer as it was the organization. Issue was he believed he could play on the outside, which he wasn't given a shot to prove. They also played him in a meaningless wk 17 game where he injured his knee and missed the playoffs. That ruffled more feathers. A year away helped since the grass isn't always on the other side either. 

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I was pretty happy with that announcement. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I loved the story of his upbringing, from picking oranges with his family (even through college) to making it to the NFL. But I really thought he grew into a solid player with the Vikings and hated to see him leave.

I'm glad he's back. And yes, that's a pretty solid list.

Oh... and it's vet min

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...48352?s=20
Yes.  It is a great story, and I think having him back after a year to experience the rest of the NFL may signal a bit of growth for him as well.  I know he took some time to buy in to Zim's defense, but really took off when he bought in.  Obviously was a bit unhappy how he was used after the injury, but signing back here is a good sign.

With salary-cap numbers projected for $1.75 million for Xavier Woods and set at $987,500 for Mackensie Alexander and $850,000 for Ameer Abdullah #Vikings have about $7.4 million of cap room left. Includes Nick Vigil, who hasn't yet signed his deal, on books for $1.734375M number

[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h
#Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander said "of course" he missed Mike Zimmer. "You want to be coached like that.''

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
It wasn't so much Zimmer as it was the organization. Issue was he believed he could play on the outside, which he wasn't given a shot to prove. They also played him in a meaningless wk 17 game where he injured his knee and missed the playoffs. That ruffled more feathers. A year away helped since the grass isn't always on the other side either. 
Question on the meaningless game.  What was the reasoning?  Did Mac have some incentives that he needed time to reach?  If he had an existing injury, he could have stayed out couldn't he?  If he didn't have an injury, then sorry, but that is life.  Someone had to fill the spots on the field.  Sucks that he was injured, but that wasn't caused by the coaches.

Quote: @greediron said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Question on the meaningless game.  What was the reasoning?  Did Mac have some incentives that he needed time to reach?  If he had an existing injury, he could have stayed out couldn't he?  If he didn't have an injury, then sorry, but that is life.  Someone had to fill the spots on the field.  Sucks that he was injured, but that wasn't caused by the coaches.
He was questionable going into the game with the knee injury and playing made it worse. But yes it was because they needed another body on the field. So they rested healthy starters and rolled Mac out there when he wasn't 100%. 

Its a decent signing for depth and situational play. I think the secondary is locked down now with Mac back, Peterson in and Woods at safety. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its a decent signing for depth and situational play. I think the secondary is locked down now with Mac back, Peterson in and Woods at safety. 
Looks like the starters are locked, but I think we still need at least one more safety. With only Metellus and Dorn as depth, Vikings could use a 3rd or 4th round upgrade there.