Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL Plan?
When involving the Vikings, seeing "OL" and "plan" in the same sentence smacks of irony.

Rick's top secret oline plan is so secret even he doesn't know what it is.  

Which isn't really much of a change from the last 10 years of the Ricky Regime.

Thing about Fisher is when is he available? October?

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Rick's top secret oline plan is so secret even he doesn't know what it is.  

Which isn't really much of a change from the last 10 years of the Ricky Regime.
lol, I laughed.

People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
[Image: 181imwmzsj4i.jpeg]
OL Plan?
That is funny and sad at the same time. I have no expectations whatsoever for the OL because this has been an ongoing struggle. I will believe it when I see it. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, that's a problem. You can probably get him at a discount, but what good does it do if he doesn't help you until 8 weeks in? If they're indeed interested, it could be a forward looking thing, which is good, but does it change the way you draft? Do you pass on Darrisaw because you have Fisher? I don't think you can. Do you put O'Neill on the left until Fisher is ready? So many questions. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, that's a problem. You can probably get him at a discount, but what good does it do if he doesn't help you until 8 weeks in? If they're indeed interested, it could be a forward looking thing, which is good, but does it change the way you draft? Do you pass on Darrisaw because you have Fisher? I don't think you can. Do you put O'Neill on the left until Fisher is ready? So many questions. 
I'd guess that's where Rashod Hill comes into play. Whether it's Fisher or a rookie, maybe Hill gets the nod first until the other is ready to step in.

Here's another LT idea from Kiper: 

Trade: The Vikings jump five spots for an elite talentWith top offensive tackle Penei Sewell still on the board, I'm projecting the Vikings to move up five spots to get their instant starter at left tackle. That could cost a lot of capital; Minnesota leads the NFL in total picks in this class (11), although it doesn't have a second-rounder as a result of the trade for pass-rusher Yannick Ngakoue. This would likely cost at least Minnesota's second-rounder in 2022 and likely more.
For the Broncos and new general manager George Paton, this is about adding value and not reaching for a defender at No. 9 that they could get at No. 14, while also acquiring premium picks next year.

[Image: min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true]9. Minnesota Vikings (via mock trade with DEN)Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
I like the fit here, particularly with Riley Reiff leaving in free agency. Sewell is an elite talent, and if this quarterback class wasn't so strong, he might be a lock for the top five. The Vikings have had offensive line issues for years, but Sewell would plug their hole on the left side. An elite O-line covers up roster flaws, and this is a step toward improving the entire offense. If Minnesota stays at No. 14 or does the opposite approach and trades down, keep an eye on safety. With Anthony Harris gone in free agency, there's a void there next to Harrison Smith.
Notable free-agent additions: DT Dalvin Tomlinson, CB Patrick Peterson, DE Stephen Weatherly
Notable free-agent losses: S Anthony Harris, TE Kyle Rudolph, OT Riley Reiff, RB Mike Boone