Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Lance Preps For His Pro Day
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Anyone else just get the feeling like if any of those QB's is going to drop...it's going to be Justin Fields? 

Hard to believe after how he performed in the National Championship game 
Honestly, if 5 QBs go in the top 8 or 9 picks, NFL GMs are SO stupid. If 2 pan out, they'll be lucky. But the sun rises, we pay taxes and NFL GMs will draft QBs way too high.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Anyone else just get the feeling like if any of those QB's is going to drop...it's going to be Justin Fields? 

One stat jumps out: Vast majority of his throws were first read. After his first read, his completion % plummeted.

There's a lot to like, but damn, NFL trash heap has plenty Buckeyes QBs there. But, if you're going to take a chance, this is the year. Next year class is tepid so far.

We ask our QB's to do a lot, I mean Kirk has to play OL too. Maybe Lance can play DL? Not a lot of rest during games so his conditioning will be very important

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:

Honestly, if 5 QBs go in the top 8 or 9 picks, NFL GMs are SO stupid. If 2 pan out, they'll be lucky. But the sun rises, we pay taxes and NFL GMs will draft QBs way too high.

I think 3 are off the board by pick 4. 4th is gone no later than 8. Then, someone tries to jump in front of NE to pick Mac Jones. My guess is the WTFs give us a trade back option.

Bucky Brooks
@BuckyBrooks
· 1h
We will spend the day talking about Trey Lance’s inexperience and how he will need time to develop but he has the same number of career starts as Mac Jones. #NFLDraft

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
We ask our QB's to do a lot, I mean Kirk has to play OL too. Maybe Lance can play DL? Not a lot of rest during games so his conditioning will be very important
If KC plays OL,  then he sucks because he gets himself sacked way to much.

9 1/4" hands. Acceptable but not by much.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:

One stat jumps out: Vast majority of his throws were first read. After his first read, his completion % plummeted.

There's a lot to like, but damn, NFL trash heap has plenty Buckeyes QBs there. But, if you're going to take a chance, this is the year. Next year class is tepid so far.
And that's exactly why he scares me the most. A lot to like about him, but when you figure the odds are that at least two of these five QBs will be busts, my money will be on the one who's never gone through progressions. Actually, the odds say three, but I'll be nice and say two.

If you give him a year on the bench (like the Vikings certainly would) then I like his chances more. AGain, only way I take a QB here is if we sign at least one OL starter and one DL starter. But, hey, with some money now, there's a chance we do that. 

Trey Lance finishes 58-of-66 passing during his workout. Impressive pace to it overall and well organized by
@Quincy_Avery. He was able to show off lots of throws from various platforms.

The ball came off of his hand with plenty of violence and urgency. He confirmed a lot.