Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Lance Preps For His Pro Day

I really want this guy...  his game reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott (who I drafted in the inaugural Vikefans mock draft in the 2nd round for the Broncos?).

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I really want this guy...  his game reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott (who I drafted in the inaugural Vikefans mock draft in the 2nd round for the Broncos?).
Me too...I'd forgo an early upgrade in the trenches for this guy. 

Some analyst comped him to Steve McNair and that's all I can see now.

He would really get me excited about the vikings again. What more reason do you need Spelly?

I get the desire for him but his accuracy is not great.

Lance will not run. 

NDSU QB Lance focus of Friday pro day sked … The attention of much of the NFL turns to Fargo, North Dakota tomorrow where North Dakota State QB Trey Lance will throw during the Bisons’ pro day. As we have noted in the past, often who attends a particular pro day can be as revealing as how the player performs. And a star-studded cast of NFL execs whose teams have high picks is currently in Fargo in anticipation of tomorrow’s Bison workout. Indeed, according to senior NFL reporter Albert Breer among those expected to be in attendance include NY Jets’ G.M. Joe Douglas, Atlanta G.M. Terry Fontenot and coach Arthur Smith; Detroit G.M. Brad Holmes and coach Dan Campbell; Carolina G.M. Scott Fitterer and coach Matt Rhule; and Washington G.M. Martin Mayhew.

For the record, the Jets have the 2nd pick overall this year, while Atlanta picks 4th, Detroit 7th and Carolina 8th suggesting that in general the league has a pretty good grade on Lance as teams generally don’t send senior execs, especially in the middle of a pandemic, to see players they don’t already have highly rated. Of course, those who are not senior NFL execs can watch along as the NFL Network plans to provide live coverage of both the North Dakota State and Oklahoma pro days tomorrow beginning at Noon ET.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Lance will not run. 
Injury? Or is this a case of him not wishing to have teams consider him for a different position?