Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah's updated top 50
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll be very interested to see where Trey Lance goes. He's so hard to slot with so little to go on his last year playing.
No later than 8. If there's a Mahomes in this draft it's him. 
Nononononono, Wilson is Mahomes, Lance is Steve McNair.

So we could have Mahomes or McNair?  Lol sign me up!!!
Sorry, they'll both be gone by 14.  One thing that occurred to me is that the Lions are only wedded to Goff for a season before they can whack him.  Maybe they jump on a QB now and sit him behind Goff for a year.

Quote: @RS Express said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll be very interested to see where Trey Lance goes. He's so hard to slot with so little to go on his last year playing.

Sorry, they'll both be gone by 14.  One thing that occurred to me is that the Lions are only wedded to Goff for a season before they can whack him.  Maybe they jump on a QB now and sit him behind Goff for a year.
One of my buddies is a Lions fan and that's what he is hoping for in this draft. They have a lot of holes but the extra picks will make it easier so I could see them taking a QB as well

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@RS Express said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

One of my buddies is a Lions fan and that's what he is hoping for in this draft. They have a lot of holes but the extra picks will make it easier so I could see them taking a QB as well
Yep, Lions could definitely go QB. Especially considering how many 1st rounders they have coming up to help build around him. 

I think all five QBs could be gone in the top 10. Because of that, Vikings are going to be looking at 2 or 3 top 10ish players at #14. 

Let's hope there are 5 QBs gone in the top ten. Plus, there's at least one shocking pick typically, like Ferrell, so that bodes well.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Let's hope there are 5 QBs gone in the top ten. Plus, there's at least one shocking pick typically, like Ferrell, so that bodes well.
Exactly. Then let's trade down into the 20's and pick up some additional picks. Rick can call me for draft day trade ideas since I have done about 250 of them on the mock simulators haha

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
Rank285
[Image: 80226e12-2a8d-40ae-bd59-f715f0de4cb0]
Levi OnwuzurikeWashington · DT · Senior (RS)
Onwuzurike is a slightly undersized defensive tackle who was highly destructive in every Washington game I studied. The Huskies moved him around in their scheme, but I believe he's best suited as a 3-technique, on the edge of the guard. He has an explosive first step and very quick hands against the pass. He flashes a twitchy slap/swim move, but there are times when he doesn't have a plan and gets stuck. He can drive interior blockers right back to the quarterback when he comes off the ball with his pads low to the ground. Against the run, he plays much bigger than his size. He can stack single opponents with one arm and refuses to stay blocked. He has lateral range and his effort is phenomenal. Overall, Onwuzurike's pass rush production isn't special, but all of the tools are there to improve the results at the next level.

Yeah I don't get this one.  There's just no production with him and I watched Meinerz eat his lunch during Senior Bowl week. No thanks.  To me if we are going to gamble on a DT it better be Barmore, who has the most upside and the potential to be a dominant player.  I have Barmore, Nixon, and Marvin Wilson all ranked higher
I feel the same about Paye. Where's the production? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
Rank285
[Image: 80226e12-2a8d-40ae-bd59-f715f0de4cb0]
Levi OnwuzurikeWashington · DT · Senior (RS)
Onwuzurike is a slightly undersized defensive tackle who was highly destructive in every Washington game I studied. The Huskies moved him around in their scheme, but I believe he's best suited as a 3-technique, on the edge of the guard. He has an explosive first step and very quick hands against the pass. He flashes a twitchy slap/swim move, but there are times when he doesn't have a plan and gets stuck. He can drive interior blockers right back to the quarterback when he comes off the ball with his pads low to the ground. Against the run, he plays much bigger than his size. He can stack single opponents with one arm and refuses to stay blocked. He has lateral range and his effort is phenomenal. Overall, Onwuzurike's pass rush production isn't special, but all of the tools are there to improve the results at the next level.

Yeah I don't get this one.  There's just no production with him and I watched Meinerz eat his lunch during Senior Bowl week. No thanks.  To me if we are going to gamble on a DT it better be Barmore, who has the most upside and the potential to be a dominant player.  I have Barmore, Nixon, and Marvin Wilson all ranked higher
I feel the same about Paye. Where's the production? 

Exactly, I feel same way about Paye.  His minimal production was a lot of garbage time stuff. 

Vikings have a history of taking size/speed/athletic pieces of clay at edge, who may not have had the best numbers: Robison, Griffen, Hunter. 

Paye fits that. Plus, his lack of production may have been due to how he was used his final year at Michigan...

https://saturdaytradition.com/michigan-f...-michigan/

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings have a history of taking size/speed/athletic pieces of clay at edge, who may not have had the best numbers: Robison, Griffen, Hunter. 

Paye fits that. Plus, his lack of production may have been due to how he was used his final year at Michigan...

Possible, but those mentioned were 3rd and 4th rounders. I don't expend a #1 on a lump of clay.

Quote: @Rigby said:
@MaroonBells said:

Possible, but those mentioned were 3rd and 4th rounders. I don't expend a #1 on a lump of clay.
All players are lumps of clay to one degree or another. Paye is a lump of clay on a different level. And your'e not getting him in the 2nd, let alone 3rd or 4th.