Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson endearing himself to Kirk and the Vikings
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
We'll there goes any thoughts of EG back here...

Yah, there we're rumblings of Zimmer not wanting Cousins, who knows and does it matter today? 

KC contract (I believe) makes him #12 on the QB paid list now. 
Where he stands on the money list has no bearing on his hes over paid or not.  Lots of QBs are over paid for what they put on the field.  Kirk is a damn fine passer,  but as a QB he leaves a bit to be desired. 

Just because many teams don't have that guy that will elevate those around him it doesn't justify overpaying for performance,  really should go for any position. 
I'm perfectly fine going into next year with KC @ QB. Lots more questions on OC vs QB. 

That said, I've been pretty dang vocal about drafting a QB - if they have conviction for one of young guns. 
Considering we have no other option in place,  we don't have any options right, but the question is are you ok with Kirk for the next 2 years and the handcuffs his deal will continue to put on this teams growth.

Plenty of us were concerned before his first deal that it was to much on a QB and would not leave anything for the building around him.   Like I say,  he's a damn fine passer,  its just the rest of his game that leaves him lacking as a QB and not worthy of breaking the cap over.

If we could get a first from somebody like niners or another team that is more ready to compete I say do it and don't look back.   To many holes to fill or positions to improve to think this roster is 1 year away from competing with the Chiefs and others at the top IMO.

I think Griffen knew exactly what he was doing with this.  Could be that he wants to come back and RS shot him down and this is his way at getting back at him, but I think more likely this is way of helping Zimmer out and taking the blame off of Zimmer for the defense being so bad this year by making the excuse that the Cousins contract handcuffed the defense.

Quote: @JR44 said:
I think Griffen knew exactly what he was doing with this.  Could be that he wants to come back and RS shot him down and this is his way at getting back at him, but I think more likely this is way of helping Zimmer out and taking the blame off of Zimmer for the defense being so bad this year by making the excuse that the Cousins contract handcuffed the defense.
Injuries handcuffed our defense, not Cousins. Again, Vikings ranked 25th in money spent on its QB position.
Further, If you look at our top ten cap numbers for 2020, seven play defense. And of those seven, four either missed the entire year or several games. 

All told, we had $21M going to our QB and $35M going to defenders who didn’t play. 

I don't really give a rat's ass what Zimmer "wants" on offense, it's obvious that he has little interest in that side of things.  The only QB he's treated well was Teddy, who has failed to ever be better than mid-pack.

Zimmer likes defense and ball control offense...but that's not the league.  We have a QB and receivers that can make big plays with consistency...whereas Griffen is looking for his 3rd team in a year.  I'm afraid his dumbass tweets were the CTE talking.

Zimmer is living in 1993 where he thinks everyone is making too much money except DB's, and DE's. Ignoring the interior lines on both sides of the ball in early rds. for his entire tenure is on him. and the sole reason for us not going deeper in the playoffs.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Zimmer is living in 1993 where he thinks everyone is making too much money except DB's, and DE's. Ignoring the interior lines on both sides of the ball in early rds. for his entire tenure is on him. and the sole reason for us not going deeper in the playoffs.
Actually that should be on the rickster, he runs the draft and he hired zimmer.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
The fact that Griffen came out with this basically confirms those rumblings.  He could be off his meds, but I doubt he's making the things he said up. 
I would say Zimmer’s judgement has hardly been infallable

Still a few out there that ought not to be on twitter... Wink   :p