Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25th Amendment
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
Awwww there’s Jimmy with a cutesy laughing emoji, because it’s such a humorous topic.  Way to contribute Jimmy!  

I guess our expectations that some of you would come here to condemn what happened, fell short.  

This is honestly the microcosm of why this country will forever be permanently scarred by Donald Trump and his sad, treasonous legacy that resulted in him encouraging a failed coup attempt that killed 5 people.    

I don’t know if it’s pride or stubborness but I refuse to believe you guys all fell down the Trumpy rabbit holes that deep .... AGR made it out alive, what’s the deal?
If people can't condemn Trump over this, they are lost, hopeless causes. Brain-washed and small minded. Zero use for any of them if they don't see it.
what good does it do to condemn him on a message board?   I have done so in the past but I still get labeled as a blind supporter and shit much more offensive.  those that want to call me out dont care what I think or say as is evident of them not ever taking note of the times I have sided against him and his actions over the last 4 years... I didnt support their girl and they are pissed... it wont fucking matter who says what right now as all several of these posters want to do is rage for the sake of making themselves feel good.  I am not going to engage them more than this as I dont feel I need to further fuel them as it is not the purpose of this forum.  civility is done and so let them rage,  I will laugh at what amuses me,  I will thumbs up comments that seem to be worthy of support,  but coming in and stating the obvious would do nothing for those that just want to spew venom or for this board.

I say this, if you were outraged at the actions of the protestors last summer, as I  was, and of the lack of action from those in position to stop them (mayors and govs)  then you would be a massive hypocrite to no be equally outraged over the action of those that crossed the line in DC this week and the people that enabled them.  I am as pissed off right now as I was last summer.   I am equally pissed at the hypocrisy shown by so many that defended or ignored the destructive and violent protest last summer but are now taking a different stand.  I get called a coward,  but who were the cowards that defended violence and destruction when it benefitted (was sponsored by)  their cause but cant spew rage fast enough when its reported by the opposite view points?  either its acceptable to get violent and destructive or it isnt.. there is no two ways about it.  I say its not and haven't waivered in that one bit.

I would love to see real investigations into the organization and funding of all this shit, but of course that will never happen because nobody really wants to know who is pulling the levers behind the big curtain.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
Awwww there’s Jimmy with a cutesy laughing emoji, because it’s such a humorous topic.  Way to contribute Jimmy!  

I guess our expectations that some of you would come here to condemn what happened, fell short.  

This is honestly the microcosm of why this country will forever be permanently scarred by Donald Trump and his sad, treasonous legacy that resulted in him encouraging a failed coup attempt that killed 5 people.    

I don’t know if it’s pride or stubborness but I refuse to believe you guys all fell down the Trumpy rabbit holes that deep .... AGR made it out alive, what’s the deal?
If people can't condemn Trump over this, they are lost, hopeless causes. Brain-washed and small minded. Zero use for any of them if they don't see it.
what good does it do to condemn him on a message board?   I have done so in the past but I still get labeled as a blind supporter and shit much more offensive.  those that want to call me out dont care what I think or say as is evident of them not ever taking note of the times I have sided against him and his actions over the last 4 years... I didnt support their girl and they are pissed... it wont fucking matter who says what right now as all several of these posters want to do is rage for the sake of making themselves feel good.  I am not going to engage them more than this as I dont feel I need to further fuel them as it is not the purpose of this forum.  civility is done and so let them rage,  I will laugh at what amuses me,  I will thumbs up comments that seem to be worthy of support,  but coming in and stating the obvious would do nothing for those that just want to spew venom or for this board.

I say this, if you were outraged at the actions of the protestors last summer, as I  was, and of the lack of action from those in position to stop them (mayors and govs)  then you would be a massive hypocrite to no be equally outraged over the action of those that crossed the line in DC this week and the people that enabled them.  I am as pissed off right now as I was last summer.   I am equally pissed at the hypocrisy shown by so many that defended or ignored the destructive and violent protest last summer but are now taking a different stand.  I get called a coward,  but who were the cowards that defended violence and destruction when it benefitted (was sponsored by)  their cause but cant spew rage fast enough when its reported by the opposite view points?  either its acceptable to get violent and destructive or it isnt.. there is no two ways about it.  I say its not and haven't waivered in that one bit.

I would love to see real investigations into the organization and funding of all this shit, but of course that will never happen because nobody really wants to know who is pulling the levers behind the big curtain.
Yeah, cuz just like these ass hats protesting a free and fair election with no evidence of any wrongdoing, BLM protested police brutality with no evidence of such. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

Yeah, cuz just like these ass hats protesting a free and fair election with no evidence of any wrongdoing, BLM protested police brutality with no evidence of such. 
but there has been evidence of fucked up ballots,  not near to the point of what Trump was needing, but there has been evidence of wrong doing such as multiple votes, and others... small potatoes in the grand number...just like the small number of actual unwarranted police actions against black people,  in the grand scheme its a small number vs the number of interactions between police and citizens.   regardless,  do you really want it to be acceptable for people to act out like we saw last summer and we saw this week because people arent happy with a result or a situation?   thats fucking stupid and is the real embarrassment to our nation.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

but there has been evidence of fucked up ballots,  not near to the point of what Trump was needing, but there has been evidence of wrong doing such as multiple votes, and others... 
No, there hasn't. 62 lawsuits filed in state and federal courts, 61 failed. The other was irrelevant. You have to be pretty thick to think there was a legit cause for ANY kind of protest, let alone an armed take over of the United States capital. 

George Floyd's killers were fired, arrested and charged on various counts and degrees of murder. A killing that was just the latest in a countless series of unarmed black men, women and children beaten or killed by racist cops. You have to be pretty insensitive to think there wasn't cause for protest. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

but there has been evidence of fucked up ballots,  not near to the point of what Trump was needing, but there has been evidence of wrong doing such as multiple votes, and others... 
No, there hasn't. 62 lawsuits filed in state and federal courts, 61 failed. The other was irrelevant. You have to be pretty thick to think there was a legit cause for ANY kind of protest, let alone an armed take over of the United States capital. 

George Floyd's killers were fired, arrested and charged on various counts and degrees of murder. A killing that was just the latest in a countless series of unarmed black men, women and children beaten or killed by racist cops. You have to be pretty insensitive to think there wasn't cause for protest. 

you need to re-read what I wrote and then go do some research,  there were instances of fraudulent voting and other irregularities, even reported by state officials that turned Trumps teams away,  they just said there wasnt enough to come close to making it justifiable to not certify the results.  and the actions in Minneapolis, Portland, and all over this country in Floyds name we no more an acceptable form or protest than what Trumps supporters did.  I am not going to condone the violent and destructive actions in DC anymore than I would condone them in the name of social justice.  Its just plain stupid to think that its ok to destroy private property and act violently towards others because you dont like something.    its not about sensitivity, its about decency,  how would you have felt if an angry mob came into your area and endangered your kids and your property?   of course you would have been ok it then?  There were black people trying to protect black owned businesses that were burned and looted by black people ... in the name of racial justice?  thats justified to you?  I think we will just agree to disagree if you think either crowd is justified in their actions.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

but there has been evidence of fucked up ballots,  not near to the point of what Trump was needing, but there has been evidence of wrong doing such as multiple votes, and others... small potatoes in the grand number...just like the small number of actual unwarranted police actions against black people,  in the grand scheme its a small number vs the number of interactions between police and citizens.   regardless,  do you really want it to be acceptable for people to act out like we saw last summer and we saw this week because people arent happy with a result or a situation?   thats fucking stupid and is the real embarrassment to our nation.
Seriously?
Lets take the case of Georgia
TWO dead people may have voted (That's the max. The number could be less we are told). Remember Trump claimed up to 5000
While we are at it please educate yourself here with what happened or is being "claimed" in GA by Trump and now you. The response is from a long time Republican. Of course now hated by Trump because all he did was tell the truth

In the case of PA

Quote: Forbes said

The Trump campaign wants the Supreme Court to consider rulings concerning mail-in voting rules like whether election observers can challenge ballots as they’re being counted and their access to the vote counting process, and whether mail-in ballots should be thrown out because of small issues like a missing address or date on the outer envelope.

The campaign argues that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court did not have the authority to impose those rules, which liberally interpreted laws set by the GOP-majority Pennsylvania legislature, because Article II of the U.S. Constitution says presidential electors should be appointed “in such manner” as the state legislature directs, a legal argument that a Trump-appointed federal judge has already shot down.

Though the campaign notes that changing the voting rules “contribute[s] more to the appearance of fraud,” the case does not make any specific allegations or provide any evidence of voter fraud.

They are protesting against an APPEARANCE of fraud. Not that there was actual fraud. Also part of the complain is that people were allowed to use mail in voting (specifically that mail in voting rules were relaxed).
The best part is the laws were enacted by Republicans and somehow it is the Democrats and Biden to blame. No part of this stupidity has an actual claim. That is why it was thrown out by a Trump appointed judge.
The same rules they are complaining about are the same rules that elected the people doing the complaining. But of course they have another pathetic excuse... it did not happen for down ballot races, just the president. The rules were not enacted in November 2020 just as an FYI but no one bothered making a meaningful complaint until after the election - you know... after they lost.
How stupid does stupid has to get before people realize these claims are just baloney?

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Seriously?
TWO dead people may have voted (That's the max. The number could be less we are told). Remember Trump claimed up to 5000
While we are at it please educate yourself here with what happened or is being "claimed" in GA by Trump and now you. The response is from a long time Republican. Of course now hated by Trump because all he did was tell the truth

In the case of PA

The Trump campaign wants the Supreme Court to consider rulings concerning mail-in voting rules like whether election observers can challenge ballots as they’re being counted and their access to the vote counting process, and whether mail-in ballots should be thrown out because of small issues like a missing address or date on the outer envelope.

The campaign argues that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court did not have the authority to impose those rules, which liberally interpreted laws set by the GOP-majority Pennsylvania legislature, because Article II of the U.S. Constitution says presidential electors should be appointed “in such manner” as the state legislature directs, a legal argument that a Trump-appointed federal judge has already shot down.

Though the campaign notes that changing the voting rules “contribute[s] more to the appearance of fraud,” the case does not make any specific allegations or provide any evidence of voter fraud.

They are protesting against an APPEARANCE of fraud. Not that there was actual fraud. Also part of the complain is that people were allowed to use mail in voting (specifically that mail in voting rules were relaxed).
The best part is the laws were enacted by Republicans and somehow it is the Democrats and Biden to blame. No part of this stupidity has an actual claim. That is why it was thrown out by a Trump appointed judge.
The same rules they are complaining about are the same rules that elected the people doing the complaining. But of course they have another pathetic excuse... it did not happen for down ballot races, just the president. The rules were not enacted in November 2020 just as an FYI but no one bothered making a meaningful complaint until after the election - you know... after they lost.
How stupid does stupid has to get before people realize these claims are just baloney?
you act like I am defending/condoning them... I am not,  I am saying that there are actually a small number of cases of fraudulent ballots,  Maroon claimed "NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING",  which was factually incorrect.

personally... I would have shot the fuckers... but then again I wouldnt have let my city burn or let people destroy innocent peoples lives by looting and burning their businesses either.  I dont care why somebody wants to act that way,  it shouldnt be tolerated.   if anybody wants to protest,  then there is places and ways to do that exact thing that dont destroy or take others lives and property in the process.  Hell,  even the people blocking traffic should be arrested,  their right to exercise their free speech doesnt supersede my right to go about my life in a law abiding way.  go scream from the tops of your lungs,  i dont care,  but destruction of property and violence should not be tolerated from anybody for any reason.... because this is where it leads,  one group gets away with it and everybody expects the same treatment for their bitch.

Quote: @JimmyinSD saidyou act like I am defending/condoning them... I am not, I am saying that there are actually a small number of cases of fraudulent ballots, Maroon claimed "NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING", which was factually incorrect.
Well, that is just semantics. No one has ever said there is no wrong doing. As far as humans have existed, every election has had some degree of wrong doing but how much of the wrong doing raises to the level to affect the election?
So if there is no significant/meaningful wrong doing it is common place to say there is no wrong doing.
The Trump campaign is saying there is significant wrong doing to impact the outcome. Everyone (except Trump and co) says there is none - hence why Maroon is saying there is "no evidence of wrong doing".

In GA for example do you really want to create a commission to verify if TWO dead people voted? Better still what really will you be investigating in PA? There is still no complaint besides and "appearance" of irregularities (per court documents) Yet these are two of the major complaints by Trump.

What Trump is claiming and what actually happened are two extremes and I am sure you know that. We can argue semantics here but what you pointed out above (and even alluded in your earlier post) will not impact the counts/outcome of the elections nor would it even come close to impacting the election results.
However, Trump and his people are saying the election was stolen from him. Anyone that agrees with that is simply enabling the ridiculous conspiracy theory being pushed by a sore loser and his fanatics.

P/S:
Please note that by stating that every election has some degree of wrong doing does not mean efforts should not be made to reduce the occurrence. That is always the goal - to get better 

@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Seriously?

In the case of PA

you act like I am defending/condoning them... I am not,  I am saying that there are actually a small number of cases of fraudulent ballots,  Maroon claimed "NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING",  which was factually incorrect.

Oh fer fuck sake, Jimmy. You're being intellectually dishonest. I'm obviously talking about wrongdoing on a level that would have even the slightest impact on an election. As you know, EVERY election has errors, mistakes, and isolated examples of attempted fraud on both sides, like anything requiring the participation of 150 million Americans would. 

Propagandists take those isolated instances and yell "FRAUD!" knowing that the Q-ball and duck dynasty crowd won't know any better. Follow that up with Trump claiming that he "won by a landslide" and that the election "was stolen" and you get what we got in Washington. 

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@JimmyinSD saidyou act like I am defending/condoning them... I am not, I am saying that there are actually a small number of cases of fraudulent ballots, Maroon claimed "NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING", which was factually incorrect.
Well, that is just semantics. No one has ever said there is no wrong doing. As far as humans have existed, every election has had some degree of wrong doing but how much of the wrong doing raises to the level to affect the election?
So if there is no significant/meaningful wrong doing it is common place to say there is no wrong doing.
The Trump campaign is saying there is significant wrong doing to impact the outcome. Everyone (except Trump and co) says there is none - hence why Maroon is saying there is "no evidence of wrong doing".

In GA for example do you really want to create a commission to verify if TWO dead people voted? Better still what really will you be investigating in PA? There is still no complaint besides and "appearance" of irregularities (per court documents) Yet these are two of the major complaints by Trump.

What Trump is claiming and what actually happened are two extremes and I am sure you know that. We can argue semantics here but what you pointed out above (and even alluded in your earlier post) will not impact the counts/outcome of the elections nor would it even come close to impacting the election results.
However, Trump and his people are saying the election was stolen from him. Anyone that agrees with that is simply enabling the ridiculous conspiracy theory being pushed by a sore loser and his fanatics.

P/S:
Please note that by stating that every election has some degree of wrong doing does not mean efforts should not be made to reduce the occurrence. That is always the goal - to get better 
Point is,  these people feel victimized and they thought it was ok to act they way they did and in no case should violence and force should be considered an acceptable form of protest.   I call for a full investigation into everybody that crossed the line,  of course I called for the same in every city that saw violent protests this summer/fall.  I am not going to waver because I agree or don't with a cause.

Personally I would tell all parties that if you think you need to take things that far than quit being a pussy,  pick up a weapon and declare war for your cause and be ready to face the real consequences of a martyr,   not the bullshit we see and hear about on Facebook or what ever.  Fucking cowards all of them.

I see protests all the time and have no problem with people airing their perceived grievances,   but let's define protests as legal activity , and anything outside of that is not a protest its a mob  crime and deserves an appropriate forced response from those charged with upholding the laws.

Want to see this shit end,  let's start prosecuting the organizers and specifically those that fund this shit,  not the person whose name is on the check,  the billionaires that are the ones that are doing it for profits.