Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the Vikings will choice between #11 - #13 in Round 1?
Trey is a local kid too...Viking fans would luv em. 

I got Lance stuck in my head once I read the Steve McNair comp.

The problem with the Luck and Lawrence comparisons is that Luck didn't tear apart an Alabama defense on NCAA biggest stage as a true freshman.  Also Luck did not go 38-1 as a starter and take his team to 3 national championship games as Lawrence is about to do.  Luck was a big time prospect, but Lawrence is even better.  He will be the best QB to go number one since Payton Manning and I expect him to be a franchise changing player.  

At the beginning of the year, I thought there would be two winners in the NFL this year, the team that wins the Super Bowl and the team with the number one pick.  Jags win big.  

What's also going to benefit the Jags/Lawrence is that the Jags have the most attractive HC/GM opening in all of football. #1 pick (Lawrence), a shit ton of cap space (most in the league I believe), and some good, young players to build around. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I got Lance stuck in my head once I read the Steve McHale comp.
You mean McNair right?

Things are really going to shake up with the QB's from now until draft time but I am really hoping Zack Wilson is within striking distance.  His throwing motion is smooth, effortless and very special.  Then he has that necessary swagger, gunslinger mentality, and can move in the pocket and take off.  He is no beast running the ball but has more then enough ability to escape and run.  Did I mention he has that pocket presence to move up and around pressure that can't be taught (example Cousins biggest weakness). 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
You mean McNair right?

Things are really going to shack up with the QB's from now until draft time but I am really hoping Zack Wilson is within striking distance.  His throwing motion is smooth, effortless and very special.  Then he has that necessary swagger, gunslinger mentality, and can move in the pocket and take off.  He is no beast running the ball but has more then enough ability to escape and run.  Did I mention he has that pocket presence to move up and around pressure that can't be taught (example Cousins biggest weakness). 
Wilson IMO will be the #2 QB off the board and I wouldnt be shocked if it was right behind TL.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
You mean McNair right?

Things are really going to shake up with the QB's from now until draft time but I am really hoping Zack Wilson is within striking distance.  His throwing motion is smooth, effortless and very special.  Then he has that necessary swagger, gunslinger mentality, and can move in the pocket and take off.  He is no beast running the ball but has more then enough ability to escape and run.  Did I mention he has that pocket presence to move up and around pressure that can't be taught (example Cousins biggest weakness). 
I ducking love autocorrect

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Luck has as many playoff wins as Mark Sanchez. 
Yeah, but Luck only played 6 seasons and 86 games total. Still threw for 171 TDs and only 83 INTs, only 1 losing record season. Playoffs 4 out of 6 times. 

He'd go #1 in this Draft. 
That would be a tough call between him and Lawrence. Luck probably, but it's close. 

Still, because of Lucks's playoff record and record in big game wins, there would be people who'd want him run out of town on a rail. Well they would if he were a Viking anyway 

Quote: @JR44 said:
The problem with the Luck and Lawrence comparisons is that Luck didn't tear apart an Alabama defense on NCAA biggest stage as a true freshman.  Also Luck did not go 38-1 as a starter and take his team to 3 national championship games as Lawrence is about to do.  Luck was a big time prospect, but Lawrence is even better.  He will be the best QB to go number one since Payton Manning and I expect him to be a franchise changing player.  

At the beginning of the year, I thought there would be two winners in the NFL this year, the team that wins the Super Bowl and the team with the number one pick.  Jags win big.  
Luck played at Stanford. STANFORD. Lawrence plays for a team that is loaded every single year. Luck led the Cardinal to 2 BCS bowls, their first trips ever. Talk about a guy that elevated a team. 

I like Lawrence too, but lets not act like Luck wasn't a generational type unanimous #1 overall pick. 

Barely hit 60% as a career passer. But, yeah...cure-all for the wayward franchise