Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer cannot continue to be head coach
Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
@JimmyinSD  Conklin and Rudolph combined for 1 catch on 3 targets all game.
I'm pretty sure at least the 2 to Conklin were late 4th or OT.  I saw Rudolphs drop but don't remember the point of the game.

The amount of mistakes the team made throughout this game, getting behind and then pull it out makes me both shake my head but also chuckle. My wife goes to me when Minnesota was down by 9 (I think), 'I just think the Vikings are going to win this'. And honestly, that's how I felt also. But they sure tried their damnedest to give it away. 

Just for perspective...
The Bucs at 7-5:
- 1-4 against teams with a winning record (they beat the Packers)
- 6-1 to teams without a winning record (lost to Saints on first day).

And the Packers at 9-3:
- 9-1 against teams without a winning record (lost to Vikes)
- 0-2 against teams with a winning record (Bucs and Colts)

Quote: @mblack said:
Just for perspective...
The Bucs at 7-5:

And the Packers at 9-3:
That's the thing...the "against winning team" thing has to be the most misleading stat in football. Heard it a lot with Kirk Cousins a year or two ago. It was bad. But turns out he had the exact same record against winning teams as Aaron Rodgers. Funny thing about teams with winning records: they tend to win.

Vikings played horrible yesterday and didn't deserve to win. But fact remains, there isn't a team in the NFC they can't beat. With the possible exception of the Saints (with Brees), it's a horrible field. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@mblack said:
Just for perspective...
The Bucs at 7-5:

And the Packers at 9-3:
That's the thing...the "against winning team" thing has to be the most misleading stat in football. Heard it a lot with Kirk Cousins a year or two ago. It was a bad. But turns out he had the exact same record against winning teams as Aaron Rodgers. Funny thing about teams with winning records: they tend to win.

Vikings played horrible yesterday and didn't deserve to win. But fact remains, there isn't a team in the NFC they can't beat. With the possible exception of the Saints (with Brees), it's a horrible field. 

Yeah, the NFC is really weird this year. Even with Brees I still think the Vikes can beat him, because if we have a healthy Kendricks then we know how to beat Brees and his little squirt gun. We have already beat the packers and should have beaten the Seahawks. Just get in and see what happens

I cannot for the life of me understand why we continue to come out flat in certain games.

Other teams do it too, but by the second or third drive they’ve fixed the issue. It always takes the Vikings until halftime to wake up, if they do at all (ATL game). It’s so annoying. 

Also, the next big spread the Vikings cover will be the first. We play down to our opponent constantly (DAL game).

A win is a win and the Kendricks thing was a curveball, but the overuse of Dalvin, the underuse of TEs (is Rudolph competely washed or...???), and the lack of pressure yet again on a weak QB is frustrating.

Oh and our Special Teams STINKS!!!

But we did win Smile. 33, 18, 19, 22, and Dantzler were great!

one of the issues I have noticed is thay the play calling is still acting like we have a good defense and we dont.  

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
one of the issues I have noticed is thay the play calling is still acting like we have a good defense and we dont.  
also that our OL can impose its will and that we dont rely on smoke and mirrors to move the chains.

We could easily be 8-4 or 4-8. 

It's crazy because they are 2 different teams in the first and second half. Ok I get they want to establish the run but they have Jefferson who is absolutely phenomenal, throw the damn ball. I like seeing Cousins more animated this year. Maybe he is more comfortable or more motivated but they have to trust him. He gets paid a lot, more than handoffs are needed. Also if they make the playoffs, other teams know that Cook is the go to guy, they need more. If you don't do more and get to the playoffs, what's the point? They need to mix it up more, I sit and home and call out when they are going to run. And for the love of all that is sacred, running on first down is absolutely ridiculous.